Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

panart

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with downgrade. Nokia software recovery tool says that sofware package is not avaible for my phone (lumia 625). I already have Cyan, and 8.1 dp (12397.895)

Hi there, i'm not sure i understood. You say that you have Cyan installed already. If you have it installed why would you need to downgrade? But anyway, i used Nokia Care Suite to downgrade, there's a thread at XDA Developers forum by user anaheiim with links for NCS and tutorial on how to use it.
*Edit: Here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

Last edited:

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with downgrade. Nokia software recovery tool says that sofware package is not avaible for my phone (lumia 625). I already have Cyan, and 8.1 dp (12397.895)
Since the Lumia Cyan is new, it is possible that the Nokia Software Recovery tool may not be able to fetch the new version of the firmware which is the reason you are not able to downgrade. The tool does not allow downgrade from a higher firmware version to a lower one, but you can reinstall the current firmware. Also note that even after the firmware becomes available, you will not be able to go back to WP8. It will only re-install 8.1, but the OS build might be different.
Only those who don't have Cyan will be able to rollback to WP8.
During Lumia Black, it took some weeks before the new firmware became available through Nokia Software Recovery tool.

Anuja Rajurkar

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
MS is just making me mad now. What the hell is this man? First there is a firmware update that disappears soon after its appearance. Now people on DP don't get the cyan update. Seriously MS, are you ever going to release the update for us?

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
MS is just making me mad now. What the hell is this man? First there is a firmware update that disappears soon after its appearance. Now people on DP don't get the cyan update. Seriously MS, are you ever going to release the update for us?
Cool mate ... If you want the update so bad you can revert back to 8.0... Or else wait for the proper update for dp users!!

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I gotta say this is the strangest form of releasing updates I've ever seen...the lack of any information from Microsoft is astonishing...even the carriers like at&t aren't clear on when it can be expected....id rather have an estimate and it be wrong by a few days then sit here wondering up at the stars will I get the update this month or next month or maybe by September...hopefully their transparency of getting information out will be better after this big update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire