Transparent /Translucent Start screen

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I got today's build on my Tablet and PC, but don't seem to have the Transparent/Translucent start screen which was shown in the demos a few days ago.

Is that not available in this build, or do you have to enable it somehow?

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have those either, and if you watch Joe Belfiore's latest Windows 10 for PCs video you'll see neither has the build shown there. So I guess that will come in a future build as I also haven't been able to find any customization options (except color). The build Joe presented on Wednesday looked a lot more polished than what we've got, now. We'll probably have to wait some more.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
They have that in the 10000 or whatever build they made screenshots for the event from, they were probably planning on releasing that version but hit some issues so were forced to release 9926 instead. It's coming really soon.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
They have that in the 10000 or whatever build they made screenshots for the event from, they were probably planning on releasing that version but hit some issues so were forced to release 9926 instead. It's coming really soon.

The transparency effects were in the build prior to 9926. During the consumer event they did specify that the build they were showing to everybody would not be the build released to the public (which we have now) but they were showing a newer build that was not yet ready for public testing.

In between the last build and this 9926 build, the transparency effects were switched off for whatever reason.

I speculate that they were removed due to performance issues. The previous build I was running was smooth and quick to load, however with this new build, it is a bit slower and takes a while to respond to some commands. The effects being removed may have been in order to keep the OS running semi decent on lower end systems until things are better optimized.

Just my guess though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786