Treasure Tag app now in store.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
WMpoweruser just posted an article about the treasure tag.

Sense it is now in store, that only means its pretty close for announcement as an accessory.

What I cant understand, how the hell does it work? obviously Bluetooth alone isn't enough. or maybe as soon as you loose the Bluetooth connection, the app saves your location for future reference. that's the best guess I can make. what do you think guys?

Here is the article to check: Nokia Treasure Tag App Now Available For Download From Windows Phone Store | WMPoweruser

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It uses bluetooth, at least thats what it says in the description. I think when you are close to the tag, it saves the position. It gives you alert when you are leaving it behind; the range of bluetooth is ten meters/30 feet. And as long as someone don't move it, the position will be the same and the app can measure the distance. Just like you've said. :)

How it works:- Put Nokia Treasure Tags on your favorite belongings
- Connect tags to your phone via Bluetooth Smart
- Your phone alerts you if you’re about to leave something behind
- Audio alerts mean you can use your phone to find a tag, or a tag to find your phone
- Maps from HERE service and LiveSight-compatible phones let you use augmented reality to find your belongings - Pin your favorite tags to Start as live tiles for quick access and status updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon