Trying to find an affordable WP8 option for my grandparents

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My grandparents currently have straight talk here in the states which offers GSM and CDMA networks. The phone that they are using is a low end GSM LG Android phone and he's wanting something that has more quality, but doesn't cost a large amount (i.e. < $200). The question i have is two part, first what affordable WP8 models would be available to be put on the network, and second how difficult and what's the process? They attempted to get an iPhone 3GS setup on their plan and they were never able to get the data/mms to work even after messing with the APN settings. I'm not super familiar with the whole unlocked phones topic, so can you guys help out please? Thanks!

*Side note, when they were attempting to get the data/mms to work on the 3GS AT&T Straight Talk SIM Cards were only available on Ebay, and now I see they are back on sale on Straight Talk's website so that may resolve the data/mms issue.

frizodanizzo

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at the straight talk windows phones ? they're like 229 brand new, still rocking the dual core cpu in the other Lumia windows phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven