TuneIn Radio affected by 7740 update?

9lives353

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, installed the 7740 update via Zune Marketplace on unlocked Dell Venue Pro last night. But today my TuneIn Radio stops after 56 seconds of play. I've restarted, reinstalled, checked settings. Seems a bit of a coincidence that this behaviour only started today. Anyone else update to 7740 and use the app?

Thanks
Graham

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I've also had the 7740 update a few days ago now and use TuneIn Radio a lot.

It works fine here for me, no change. the 7740 update hasn't affected my TuneIn Radio.

Welcome along to WPCentral 9lives353 :)

9lives353

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

I've also had the 7740 update a few days ago now and use TuneIn Radio a lot.

It works fine here for me, no change. the 7740 update hasn't affected my TuneIn Radio.

Welcome along to WPCentral 9lives353 :)

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome. I've gone from Blackberry -> Android -> WP7 in the last 12 months and am just learning about the OS.

I've done a bit more digging on this problem I'm having and find that Zune streaming also cuts out after a short period of time. I streamed the Nickelback album (just out of convenience, trust me) in the car and it played about 30 seconds of each track before putting up a 'Sorry there's a problem with the network. Try again in a little while' error and moving to the next track.

Then I switch from 3G to WiFi and I have no problems. TuneIn and Zune play for several minutes before I manually stop it.

I removed my SIM and re-seated it and then found that Zune streaming would not play at all on 3G, hanging on 'opening' continuously.

So I guess at this point it's safe to say I've narrowed it down to a cellular issue - but one that only started after I went to 7740, coincidental or not.

I'm presuming that rolling back the update involves resetting the phone and applying all the updates again. So I may have to do that in order to troubleshoot the issue further.

In the meantime I'll keep digging!

Thanks
Graham

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's what to do as a last resort, but remember it wipes everthing on your phone.

Sometimes a reset works wonders with little niggles that can't seem to be resolved.

Hope you get it fixed soon. :)

If you do a reset, let us know if it fixed it for you.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
New HTC Titan owner here. New to WP, too. TuneIn stops at about 40 seconds when on data connection. No messages, it just stops. I have to press the stop button and then the play button, and it'll play for another 40 seconds. No issues when on wifi. Wth? My data connection isn't great, but still.

9lives353

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
New HTC Titan owner here. New to WP, too. TuneIn stops at about 40 seconds when on data connection. No messages, it just stops. I have to press the stop button and then the play button, and it'll play for another 40 seconds. No issues when on wifi. Wth? My data connection isn't great, but still.

Hi Billone,
Are you on the new 7740 update and AT&T?

Graham

NatUp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting the exact same problem but with Last.fm and SiriusXM Buddy. It'll play music for about 40 seconds and then stop suddenly. This happens only on 3g, WiFi works flawlessly. I'm on a Samsung Focus and according to Zune I'm on the 7720 update.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Billone,
Are you on the new 7740 update and AT&T?

Graham
AT&T, OS 7.10.7720.68 - does that mean I'm on 7720?

I tried setting up an account in TuneIn, and I registered my Titan with my account (under the Devices section of the TuneIn account. This didn't help. My streaming doesn't stop exactly at 40 seconds every time, but it almost always stops at 40, 41, or 42, and it never lasts for more than a minute.

I have 3 bars, but who knows what that means. My data connection continues to suck, at .85mbps down.

Update: I installed last.fm and I'm seeing basically the same issue (streaming stops after about 1 minute), so i guess it's a phone, OS, or AT&T network issue.

Last edited:

NatUp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I just tried running an audio stream from Internet Explorer and it also does the same thing. I'd like to think it isn't a phone problem cause why would it work with WiFi. It shouldn't be an OS issue cause I haven't updated the phone and it worked perfectly a couple days ago. And I don't think it's an at&t network issue cause the audio stops practically at the same time every time. Wouldn't it vary if it was a network issue? This has me extremely angry cause I can't listen to these apps on the road anymore.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed tune in radio a minuite ago tuned in to local sports talk radio and its been streaming for a minute and a half no isssues Focus rev 1.3 ATT small town pop 85K but dont have 7740.

Last edited:

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Titan on Friday Dec 2. And I only installed tunein today, Sunday Dec 4. I've emailed tunein's support, sending them a log from within the WP app. I'll post anything that I hear from them.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I also tried it on my HTC HD7. No problems so far. I didnt use the TuneIn Radio app since my update to 7740. I tried it now to check this issue, and it seems I dont have it. It's been playing just fine for 3 minutes on my data connection.

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here. 48 seconds everytime on Tunein. 30 seconds on Sat rad player. Will restart after 3 seconds, play for another 30, pause for 3, etc

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm presuming that rolling back the update involves resetting the phone and applying all the updates again. So I may have to do that in order to troubleshoot the issue further.
Graham

First make soft reset. Hold your POWER button till your phone vibrates and restarts. If that don't fix the problem, then try hard reset.

9lives353

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
[/I]

First make soft reset. Hold your POWER button till your phone vibrates and restarts. If that don't fix the problem, then try hard reset.

Thanks, I did this. And, when it restarted and asked for my Windows Live details, it would not accept them. I got a "we're having a problem connecting to Windows Live" error continuously. I connected to WiFi and it connected immediately.

Please see responses on the linked thread on the forums. Looks like we have a confirmed problem.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
[/I]

I've powered down my phone several times and that hasn't fixed my streaming stoppage issue (with TuneIn AND with LastFM). Before recommending that people do a hard reset (and by that, I assume that you mean a factory reset?), is there any evidence that this has fixed the issue for anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo