Pen not working like it used to before the Creators update

dave1013

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I installed the Windows 10 Creators update on my Surface Pro 4 a while back and ever since, the pen has taken on a new attitude!

It used to be that a press-and-hold would bring up the context menu but now, it doesn't. I've checked a number of things without success:

1. Removed pen and reinstalled/paired/reconnected;
2. Stopped and started Bluetooth; restarted computer;
3. Removed Pen driver and reinstalled;
4. Pen and Touch setting in Control Panel is set for a press-and-hold to invoke a right click and the box that says "Use the pen button as a right-click equivalent" is checked;
5. Continuing on from #2 , clicking the pen button yields no action whatsoever;
6. Cannot highlight, say, a sentence of text with the pen;
7. Discovered that the two Bluetooth services were set to Manual; changed them to Automatic and that did not fix the problem;
8. Windows Update was invoked and there is nothing new to update.

The pen will scroll the slider up and down and it will click a link, but as far as a right-click goes, nothing happens.

Before installing the Creators update, a press-and-hold would activate a small animated circle to appear around the pen tip and cause a context menu to appear once the press-and-hold was completed. That's gone and I'd like to have it back.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

David

Ravi Sharma 2016

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Had an issue with the Pen top button being unresponsive, no matter what I did (Driver, Reboot, Re-Pair).
Eventually fixed this by using driver easy. Installed the application just for this purpose and removed it afterwards.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-surface-pen-not-working-solved/

Also read something about doing a restart of the SP4 without the type cover attached. This may also have contributed to the solution, since I did this together with the update of the driver. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett