Turn off roaming?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a very dear friend who recently went from a Sony Xperia to a Lumia 830 on my recommendation. She is currently on vacation in Niagara, Ontario, Canada and the phone keeps hopping onto US cell towers. She doesn't have a data plan, so the one part I know how to help her with is useless to her. US to Canada texting is like $0.50/text on her provider. Is there a way to turn off all roaming so that she can use her phone confidently to contact her loved ones back home in Saskatchewan, Canada without getting hammered on her next bill?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. I've been near the border myself when this same thing has happened to me and it is a bummer. Your phone simply finds the strongest tower.

She could go airplane mode then turn on WiFi and Skype chat... I can't find don't roam for voice option either. Sorry.

Byu1

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
How can I turn off voice roaming not data roaming? The only option is turn on or off data roaming. I can't find any thing turn off voice roaming. T-Mobile offer world wide data roaming. I want to turn on data roaming and turn off voice roaming.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How can I turn off voice roaming not data roaming? The only option is turn on or off data roaming. I can't find any thing turn off voice roaming. T-Mobile offer world wide data roaming. I want to turn on data roaming and turn off voice roaming.

Simply do not place any calls or answer any calls via Phone.

I was in Italy 32 days last fall and used the heck out of data and SMS on T-Mo Simple Choice. No charge. Shoved $10 into Skype and used less than $6 calling that way.

Like Nancy Reagan advises: Just Say No.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa