Twitter Response That We Will Still Receive Updates on the Icon?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think flooding their Twitter account will do much . They will just give you the same pr response . The only thing you all could do it hope you get past cyan.
The same situation happened to the 8x and 810 .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't think flooding their Twitter account will do much . They will just give you the same pr response . The only thing you all could do it hope you get past cyan.
The same situation happened to the 8x and 810 .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

at this point the jury is still out if we are even going to get Cyan from Verizon, expecting Verizon to use resources to test Denim on their network and push out the update for a retired phone seems highly improbable imho

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft needs Verizon (and other carriers) more than they need Microsoft. So Microsoft is at a disadvantage and has to cater to carrier demands (exclusive agreements).

It also doesn't help that the relationship between Microsoft and Verizon was damaged because of the Kin.

Look it up, you know who killed the Kin ? Verizon did, having a phone geared towards younger people but, required a $30 a month data plan to use the phone and that is what killed it. The costs to use it was just too much for what you got on it.

I bet if you re-released the Kin today, just updated for modern social networks (and their features) with a little sleeker/modern design and put a $15 a month 2gb plan on it, it would sell like hotcakes.

Something for the high school kids who just want texting and facebook...

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
This all makes me miss Alltel
Ah, the good ol's days of truly uncapped unlimited internet and paying something like $60 a month for it.
I became a Verizon customer when they did their hostile takeover of Alltel. :-(

jenny311

May 21, 2014
Visit site
In our area AT&T came to town and took over Alltel's business to prevent Verizon from becoming a monopoly here. At the time I heard so many bad things about AT&T from out of state friends I jumped ship and went to Verizon... Not the best choice I ever made. If only we could go back in time.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've tweeted at them with the #lumiaicon every day, with no response from them. So today i put a generic tweet out asking why they are ignoring their customers, and what do you know a response within 2 mins.

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Translation: "There isn't any information available about this update- that we're willing to share with customers."
I find it difficult to believe that they discontinued the Icon with no knowledge of how they would handle the existing user base. But hey, I'm a skeptic. :eck:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
One would hope so... I got pretty much the same response from the Nokia Twitter today.

I'm probably not going to stop commenting until we have some type of answer.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
One would hope so... I got pretty much the same response from the Nokia Twitter today.

I'm probably not going to stop commenting until we have some type of answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria