Two problems popped up around the same time, potentially related (925). Can't find fix.

kooblikon

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correct.
Essentially, over the past two weeks or so, my tmobile 925 has gained two strange problems.
A little background: It's running the developer preview of GDR3, and I'm eagerly awaiting black (maybe that'll fix these issues?). It's been on GDR3 since the day it was announced.

Anyway, the two problems both of which are problems I've seen others face, but soft resets fixed them for these people though not for me.
Problem one: More often than not, when someone calls me, it shows their phone number rather than their name and photo. Their name and all that is put in properly in my device and if I call them back pressing the phone button , it actually says "Calling (name)", so it's in there, it just doesn't show up when they call. Sometimes, it even changes after the fact. As in, they call and it says (xxx) xxx -xxxx is calling. I ignore or miss it. I call them back, it says Calling (Name). Then after I hang up, where it showed numbers had just called me, it now says their name. Strange. I've looked this up and people have said soft resets fix this. It didn't fix it for me.
Problem two: Arose around the same time as problem one. About a week or two ago. I don't get notifications for app updates. Not on the store tile, or in the store itself. If I go to a particular app, it will say "update" on the bottom, so the update process works, it just doesn't tell me like it should.... Again, soft reset didn't fix this for me.

I don't use wifi or bluetooth, both are turned off. I've checked apps running in the background and none have anything to do with this, so i'm not sure if any would affect it. Data connection is constant and always at full (I live downtown Seattle). So yar. Besides a hard reset, does anyone know if these issues have solutions? Or if anyone was experiencing this before and received black on their device, did it fix it?
Thanks!

mattcheau

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
where are your contacts syncing from? combined your issues seem significant. just to be sure, how did you soft reset?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

____
EDIT: can we assume you've had a read through this thread?

Last edited:

Cortimi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have had these same two problems on my Lumia 521 since it came out. I just as soon figured it was a failure of WIndows Phone and moved on. Not exactly the worst problems this platform has that irritate me. Would be nice if I didn't have to manually search for every app I have every week in the store just to see if it has an update. Then again, what I wouldn't give for independent volume controls....

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
For the first problem, did you turn off international assist in the Phone settings?

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

kooblikon

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
where are your contacts syncing from? combined your issues seem significant. just to be sure, how did you soft reset?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

____
EDIT: can we assume you've had a read through this thread?
My contacts sync from 3 different emails, Outlook, and two different Gmails.
And I read through the thread and tried everything. Afterward, I went into the marketplace and opened 6tag. It offered an update which I didn't do. After backing out, there was a 1 on the tile so it made some sort of progress. Only time will tell if any of those fixed it.
I soft reset by holding volume down and power.

kooblikon

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
For the first problem, did you turn off international assist in the Phone settings?

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

No I had not, I hadn't seen that as a potential solution to that problem. I have now turned it off, so like my other problem, only time will tell if this fixes it. But I appreciate the response, hopefully that's the solution!

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Try this, it should work and you should start recieving app updates again

1.- Open ALL of your installed apps and games
2.- Unpin Store live tile
3.- Switch date to any date DD/MM/2011
4.- Switch off and on your phone (reboot)
5.- Switch date again to today's date and time and set it to auto.
6.- Open Store and there you have all your pending updates :p
7.- Pin Store live tile again

If it doesn't work, read this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/232982-4.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos