Two questions for those of you who already have Creators Update (10.0.15063.251) installed

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Does your Glance screen work normally when Battery saver is activated?

With my Phone (Lumia 640), when Battery saver is activated, Glance screen has limited set of settings available:

Glance Screen Battery Saver ON.png

And if you activate Glance, the setting will be back to Off (and Glance won't work at all) when you exit the Menu and go back to see it:

Glance Screen stays off.png

If Battery saver is disabled (Off), the Glance screen menu shows all the options and Glance screen works OK:

Glance Screen Battery Saver OFF.png

2. Does your Files app show correct information about used and free gigabytes? With my Phone the SD Card information is duplicated to Phone and shows incorrect used/free gigabytes:

Files problem.png

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) If I remember correctly, glance never works when battery saver is enabled

2) Use the W10 file explorer instead of the old WP8.1 Files app.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
1) If I remember correctly, glance never works when battery saver is enabled

Actually, it worked nicely for me before installing Creators Update. When I sleep I use to have my phone (Battery saver activated) by my side in my bed face (display) down and if I wake up and want to check the time I just grab the phone and see the time from Glance which gets automatically activated.

Doesn't work any more.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Noticed one more thing.

I have had several websites pinned to Start screen (folders). After Creators Update they didn't work any more. I had to delete and pin them again.

You remember when with Windows Phone 8.1 pinned website icons had kinda tiny screen capture of the site itself. And with Windows 10 Mobile this feature disappeared.

Now (after installing Creators Update), when you pin websites to Start screen they might have some picture (favicon-based maybe?) in the middle of the icon, or just a big E symbol (Edge symbol), or a nice picture. Depends on the website.

Saeglopur89

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Guess he was talking about rolling back to some previous version of Creators Update? I thought that would maybe give it a try but as I see there are some problems which never was seen before so probably I should stay with pre CU on my Lumia 830 :/

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You remember when with Windows Phone 8.1 pinned website icons had kinda tiny screen capture of the site itself. And with Windows 10 Mobile this feature disappeared.
Yeah, it drives me crazy that they never brought that back. I'm glad to hear that with RS2 at least a favicon is added *sometimes*. That's progress compared to the generic tiles we've had until now.

RoderickGI

May 3, 2017
Visit site
Up. :)

Seems like many users have installed CU today. So feel free to answer.

I also had this annoying problem. It took a while to find the solution, but it was easy once found.

Go to the Battery Settings on your device.

Scroll down until you find the slider titled "Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:"

The slider was set to 100% on my device, and as the battery wasn't at 100%, Battery Saver was automatically turned on, and so the Glance Screen was turned off. (This may be a new setting, which defaulted to 100%, or maybe the update changed the setting to 100%, I don't know which.) Note that the "Battery saver status until next charge" switch will be turned on. Leave it that way.

Slide the slider to the left, reducing the percentage of battery required to keep the Battery Saver turned off. As you pass the current charge level the "Battery saver status until next charge" switch will automatically turn off.

Set the slider to the level you desire. I set it at 25%.

Now as long as your battery is above 25% (or your selected value), Glance Screen will work as before.

Easy really. :smile:

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad to hear that with RS2 at least a favicon is added *sometimes*. That's progress compared to the generic tiles we've had until now.
For example, if I now open
Home - BBC Sport
with Edge and pin it to Start, there will be a nice yellow tile with bbc sport logo.

However, some other sites result with tiles which only have generic e (for Edge).

roxetak

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
1. Does your Glance screen work normally when Battery saver is activated?

With my Phone (Lumia 640), when Battery saver is activated, Glance screen has limited set of settings available:

View attachment 135386

And if you activate Glance, the setting will be back to Off (and Glance won't work at all) when you exit the Menu and go back to see it:

View attachment 135387

If Battery saver is disabled (Off), the Glance screen menu shows all the options and Glance screen works OK:

View attachment 135388

2. Does your Files app show correct information about used and free gigabytes? With my Phone the SD Card information is duplicated to Phone and shows incorrect used/free gigabytes:

View attachment 135389

yes, i can confirm. but i see is solved. I hope that ms let us allow remove unwanted application from store or market.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
My storage info is accurate, and phone and SD card info are not duplicated. Can't answer the glance stuff because I disable it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720