Txt coding in desktop Notepad to move txt w/ non-Engl chars to Phone Office to display it correctly?

openweb

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Titles I can add are too short. I wanted to add a simple .txt file from desktop Notepad with non-English characters to the Office suite on the phone, if did not display correctly with standard UTF-8 encoding. What encoding to use? I have a Lumia 530 with all the software it can offer, that is, 8.1 latest.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean exactly by not displaying incorrectly? How did it display?

Also OneNote works fine with non-english characters, so you could consider it.

openweb

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hm.

One of us suggested did not display correctly here:
Titles I can add are too short. I wanted to add a simple .txt file from desktop Notepad with non-English characters to the Office suite on the phone, if did not display correctly with standard UTF-8 encoding.

While another of us interpreted it as not displaying incorrectly:
What do you mean exactly by not displaying incorrectly? How did it display?
I see the case of something lost in translation here.

Also OneNote works fine with non-english characters, so you could consider it.
Regarding OneNote, check this out, thank you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...m-software-need-update-store.html#post3571315

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I added an extra "not".

About One Note, you can import txt files from PC if you have OneNote installed by opening the txt in your PC and using print -> Send to OneNote.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Internally, modern MS software uses UTF-16 encoding (commonly referred to as Unicode) though the more compatible UTF-8 should work. If you have issues, try UTF-16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa