Type Cover stops working

Reigo

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an SP4 and type cover with fingerprint reader. The type cover suddenly stops working if i dont use it for a while, like when reading or watching a video. The backlight on the keyboard turns on when i press a key or touch the track pad but nothing registers on the screen. I have to disconnect it and reconnect it again to make it work again. I have all the latest drivers installed automatically. Does anybody know of a solution to this?

edit: my device has been working perfectly for several months now and my problem just started yesterday

Last edited:

Reigo

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I dont have another type cover available at the moment so I cant try that yet. I will update here once I try that. For the mean time, i will try to do a clean install of Windows. Hopefully it will fix the issue

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My Type Cover on my Surface Pro 2 does this every so often and just disconnecting it and reattaching it is usually enough to make it work again.

Reigo

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
@dov1978 did you try using another type cover like what Ryujingt3 suggested?

I have just finished reinstalling windows and my problem seems to have changed a little. It still stops working, though its more like it is entering a "sleep mode" or something and i need to wait before it wakes up again.

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar issue for a few days (since the latest driver updates?). Sometimes (about 1 from 10) type cover stops working after waking up or attaching. As I see restarting windows doesn't use, but if I disconnect and reconnect the type cover a few times, suddenly it starts working again. If it works, the switching from desktop mode to tablet mode is fast as it was before, but when i reconnect the type cover - I "feel" - it takes more time to switch from tablet to desktop mode. As if it would be harder to recognize the type cover and sometimes fails it either.

Do you have the same issue (since the latest driver updates)?

Thanks,
Áron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99