U.S. Cellular saleswoman almost laughed at me when I said I liked WP

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I recently went to U.S. Cellular for reasons I explained in another thread. Anyway, I was asking about the information like how much the plan would cost and yadda yadda. I asked her when they were getting the iPhone (for my family) and she said in a couple of weeks. So, then I was like "ok, well I don't have an iPhone, I have a Windows Phone, are you guys getting any of them for the holidays?"

She said *EXACT QUOTE* "well, I don't really follow Windows at all because I really don't care, like we don't sell a lot at all."

The rest of the conversations went like this (some facts from me may have been fudged a little while talking to her (;)

"Really? I'm surprised, they're selling like crazy over at AT&T, they have an entire fancy display set up and everything for Nokia. What Windows Phones do you guys have?"

"Well, we really only have one, and it rarely sells *shows me the Samsung Ativ*"

"oh, that explains why, that phone doesn't even sell a lot among Windows Phones, it's one of the lower-end ones. All of the ones I see are Nokias"

"Well, we would sell Nokia phones, but this phone doesn't sell a lot, so we probably won't support much in Windows" DOES NO ONE SEE THE CHICKEN AND EGG THING GOING ON HERE "I'm honestly surprised you like Windows, you're probably one of the 3 in America"

"Well, I'm pretty sure there's several million according to AT&T, but no, I have a W8 PC and an Xbox, it just works for me"

"HAHA that's funny"

she then goes on to tell me about the plans and stuff. Honestly, if she wasn't saving us money by waiving all of our activation fees, I wouldn't had to destroy the dang building Red Faction: Guerilla style.

If you don't know what I mean by that last part, watch this Red Faction Guerrilla building collapse - YouTube

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately many are just follower types, they go with what they see others have, anything else obviously must suck and doesn't matter. =)

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I still enjoy my 920 as my backup/media device to my iPhone. I was using it at Sam's club while looking at phones for my daughter. The saleslady saw my phone and laughed while saying "A windows phone?!? Those are the worst phones ever! You should put that in your pocket before anyone else sees you with it!"

I didn't take it personally since I'm no ******, but it was kind of unprofessional of her. I showed her my iPhone and told her "Yeah I've got both, and enjoy them both. Kind of fills all my needs with these two."

She laughed again and said "If you had a Samsung you wouldn't need either!"

To which I replied "I have a galaxy tab and it sucks. So slow, lags since the moment I turned it on. Not secure, etc."

Then she glared at me and said "I think I know a little more than you, I work here!"

I just laughed and walked off. Some people are too stupid to reason with.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't fix stupid. You just hope they don't breed, you never know if one of your kids will fall in love with one of theirs.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I still enjoy my 920 as my backup/media device to my iPhone. I was using it at Sam's club while looking at phones for my daughter. The saleslady saw my phone and laughed while saying "A windows phone?!? Those are the worst phones ever! You should put that in your pocket before anyone else sees you with it!"

I didn't take it personally since I'm no ******, but it was kind of unprofessional of her. I showed her my iPhone and told her "Yeah I've got both, and enjoy them both. Kind of fills all my needs with these two."

To which I replied "I have a galaxy tab and it sucks. So slow, lags since the moment I turned it on. Not secure, etc."

Then she glared at me and said "I think I know a little more than you, I work here!"

You should've know working at Sam's Club or any other warehose chain = being a smart phone expert?? I guess that also makes her an expert in bulk toilet paper, no-frills soft drinks, sporks, socks, and low quality steaks. That makes the 73 year old door holder at Sam's just as much as a phone know-it-all.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You should've know working at Sam's Club or any other warehose chain = being a smart phone expert?? I guess that also makes her an expert in bulk toilet paper, no-frills soft drinks, sporks, socks, and low quality steaks. That makes the 73 year old door holder at Sam's just as much as a phone know-it-all.

Lol! True.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I had the same reaction lol. I didn't care if she didn't like my phone but i was stuck there thinking "is she really trying to tell me that a phone that I like sucks? Isn't that the opposite of a salesperson?"

Idk I guess Forrest Gump was right "stupid is as stupid does"

SlimAndShady

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Greek crazy dude, and I wanted to see Lumia 925, but they wanted to sell me androids in Vodafone and I was like "these android devices are f**** slow, even galaxy, they can suck my intergalactic d***, windows phones babeee" they kicked me out. :/

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is that people complain about AT&T, but they've never said a single bad thing to me about it. The opposite actually, the manager said she had a 920, and showed it to me and praised Bing about how it was faster than google, and how cool the live tiles were, and I didn't even buy the phone from the store (eBay). She was getting my money either way, but she never dissed it except the YouTube app, which to be fair is frustrating to users no matter who is at fault.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
It is sad to see an ignorant sales person, no matter what they are trying to sell.
If you work for a carrier and represent them in store you should have a decent knowledge off all mobile OS systems.

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Windows phones are pretty much suffering what android phones used to suffer.

See, one of apple's most successful strategy is not give people a choice at all on what they could get. They make 1 expensive product and sell that. On the android side, if you can only afford a $50 phone, then there is a $50 phone for you. If you could afford a $600 phone, then there is a $600 phone for you. The problem comes in when with human nature people will get the cheapest thing they could find. So, they would buy the $50 android phone. When they realize it doesn't perform as wanted, they go over to the iphone and holy cow the iphone appears a lot snappier. So, they get this impression that android sucks while iphone is better.

If it weren't for the various splashes that Samsung has made with their high end model android phones, android would never have made it out of the ditch caused by stupid users who would compare a $50 android phone to a $600 iphone.

I kid you not, just a couple years ago the tech review media (who at the time had been taken over by iDiots) would regularly compare the latest iphone to the cheapest android phone they could find. It went for tablets as well. I once caught an article with a picture of one of those cheap no-name Chinese made android tablets as a comparison to the ipad.

Now that android has won the war, the iDiots are turning their biased reviews against windows phones. You just can't trust these reviews anymore.

I recently switched to windows phone from android. I had the galaxy s3 before. I dare say my new Lumia 810 feels way better than the S3. And it's just my introductory windows phone device. I had the opportunity to buy it for $60 in almost new condition. Meaning it was an open box item never been used. This phone feels great. Very snappy. Everything works great so far. I got this phone because I'm stopping support for my android apps cold turkey. I'll be porting all my apps over to windows phone store. Frankly, I'm sick of android being always half-baked.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
That's just an awful sales rep. It doesn't matter what you think, when you're in any type of sales or customer hospitality business, the customer is always right. Even if they're wrong, they're always right. She should have something more along the lines of, "Oh yes. Sorry sir, but due to low sales, we don't carry those at this time. We may carry them in the future, but for now we don't. Is there anything else that I may interest you in or help you with?"

Just insulting a customer is not a way to run a successful business. You ought to call her superiors and have that girl fired, that is just not ok. The whole Windows Phone and Nokia part is completely irrelevant, that's just rude and does nothing but chase off customers.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I recently went to U.S. Cellular for reasons I explained in another thread. Anyway, I was asking about the information like how much the plan would cost and yadda yadda. I asked her when they were getting the iPhone (for my family) and she said in a couple of weeks. So, then I was like "ok, well I don't have an iPhone, I have a Windows Phone, are you guys getting any of them for the holidays?"

She said *EXACT QUOTE* "well, I don't really follow Windows at all because I really don't care, like we don't sell a lot at all."

The rest of the conversations went like this (some facts from me may have been fudged a little while talking to her (;)

"Really? I'm surprised, they're selling like crazy over at AT&T, they have an entire fancy display set up and everything for Nokia. What Windows Phones do you guys have?"

"Well, we really only have one, and it rarely sells *shows me the Samsung Ativ*"

"oh, that explains why, that phone doesn't even sell a lot among Windows Phones, it's one of the lower-end ones. All of the ones I see are Nokias"

"Well, we would sell Nokia phones, but this phone doesn't sell a lot, so we probably won't support much in Windows" DOES NO ONE SEE THE CHICKEN AND EGG THING GOING ON HERE "I'm honestly surprised you like Windows, you're probably one of the 3 in America"

"Well, I'm pretty sure there's several million according to AT&T, but no, I have a W8 PC and an Xbox, it just works for me"

"HAHA that's funny"

she then goes on to tell me about the plans and stuff. Honestly, if she wasn't saving us money by waiving all of our activation fees, I wouldn't had to destroy the dang building Red Faction: Guerilla style.

I agree she wasn't professional at all, but is your opinion somehow more accurate than hers?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree she wasn't professional at all, but is your opinion somehow more accurate than hers?

My opinion? You mean how everything just works for me (that statement was true)? Yes, if something works better for me, then it works better for me. It's way more accurate because I say it's accurate. It's definitely more accurate than "one of the 3 in America (even if she was obviously exaggerating)".

Edit: I just realized that you might have meant the facts that I told the saleswoman. At the top, I did say that I exaggerated some. Not because I'm blind to how Windows Phone sells in the US, but because unless she heard something distant from what her opinion was, she wouldn't have listen to a word I said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion