UK pound sign on a US keyboard?

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Surface Pro 3 ( and I love it ) but I bought it with a US keyboard ( the package bought on ebay). So now I don't have a UK pound sign on the keyboard. Any ideas for work arounds? Ideal solution would be to change the dollar input to a pound input. Is that possible? Or enable a function key to do it. At the moment I have to 'swap' keyboard and then try and remember where on a UK keyboard the pound sign is!!:eck:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just change the keyboard settings in the regional options to a proper UK keyboard (remove the US one if you don't want the annoying extra system tray icon). Job done. You might have fun with @ too.

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
This is what I do at the moment, but there are other stuff that starts to "move" around too! Just not keen on shelling out for another keyboard.

JamesAndr

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Just got my Surface Pro 3 ( and I love it ) but I bought it with a US keyboard ( the package bought on ebay). So now I don't have a UK pound sign on the keyboard. Any ideas for work arounds? Ideal solution would be to change the dollar input to a pound input. Is that possible? Or enable a function key to do it. At the moment I have to 'swap' keyboard and then try and remember where on a UK keyboard the pound sign is!!:eck:

So I see... do you have problems with UK pounds? Since I live in the U.S and want to move to the UK since I have plans about changing my life. However, I want to transport my things but I don't know how can I calculate kg into lbs since I should know what is the amount of all my stuff that I care. Do you know guys how can I solve this situation? UPD. I have asked about this and turns out that there is a converter that can help to solve such problem quickly and pretty effective (since it works online). By the way, I needed to transform 130 lbs to kg...

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just type GBP before any figure.
​That's what I do whenever I'm on someone else's machine and can't be bothered to muck around with the keyboard/region settings.

​Britannia rules the waves.

holding ALT while typing 156 might do the trick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos