UK / US Cortana

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. Running the latest RS build, although it even happens on TH, and can someone explain why the set up procedure is so different??

I have been tinkering, and the UK region settings don't throw up the Sign in or permissions page on my 950xl. Interests don't get shown on Cortana home page but they are on live tile (????), health still isn't a connected app and updates / tracking doesn't work.

Switch to US, and interests are shown, flights update, parcels track, set up has sign in and permissions, health app connected and 365 as well. Live tile stays live but with no interests on it.

Weird or what?? I have left feedback, and 'spoken' to Gabe on twitter, but even he is miffed as to why. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

As I said above, this behaviour is common between TH 10586.107 >10586.318, and also on RS builds. Not sure what happened but Cortana was fab on 8.1 as a beta. Lord alone knows what they have done, but something isn't right somewhere. Or is it just me?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For a while now, I've been having issues where Cortana isn't showing cards (interests) for me on all of my Windows 10 devices (desktop/Surface/Phone) all running in Fast ring.

I had feedback from Microsoft overnight that they're aware of the cards issue in en-UK and are working on releasing a fix. I imagine that the fix will be cloud based.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124