MSN News Live Tile no longer updating

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that the Live Tile for the MSN News app no longer updates - just shows the same stale news stories from a few weeks back. I've tried reboots and soft resets, no luck. App itself works fine, but the tile is stuck in the past.

Incidentally, the Cineplex app (which was so well done as a W10M app) also no longer updates the movies shown on the Home screen. The movies shown haven't changed since early October 2018. Rest of the app mostly works fine - still up to date in the Movies tab and still shows current showtimes. But you can no longer store tickets.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
The live tile works fine on the news app on my lumia 950 xl. Did you try looking for app updates in the Store? Think the news app has been updated quite often. If its updated (I have version 4.26.3242.0) try reseting the app.

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
The live tile works fine on the news app on my lumia 950 xl. Did you try looking for app updates in the Store? Think the news app has been updated quite often. If its updated (I have version 4.26.3242.0) try reseting the app.

I just tried resetting. No dice. In fact, the Live Tile is now completely dead, even after a subsequent soft reset. (I have the same version, by the way). I guess I'll just wait for the next app update to see if it helps.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Strange. I've had problems with people app live tile on some phones but it's always fixed when I leave the charger plugged in overnight, wifi on, connected to internet. Try that to see if news and live tile updates.

lpj_5

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
the live tile sometimes becomes static for me but if I open the app or just resize the tile it comes back to life.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
The Money and News apps go static when I'm in Canada which I thought was due to the fact that I'm roaming. I do have TMobile service which has fairly decent data speeds while roaming in Canada. In fact, good enough to stream low quality video. So, you would there's sufficient data to update tiles. Now I'm wondering if the issue is related to me being in Canada and not roaming. When I return to US, both tiles start updating again.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
The Money and News apps go static when I'm in Canada which I thought was due to the fact that I'm roaming.

Ha! You nailed it. Except it appears to be simply which version of the News app you're using. I changed my phone region to US and the live tile immediately started working. However, as soon as I changed News to the Canadian edition, boom, no live tile, even though my phone region was still US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett