unable to download updates on lumia 535 via wifi. any way over USb?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am trying to download w10 update on lumia 535. downloading stars but after some time it shows an error " YOu Need to connect to wifi to download the update .

i am already using wifi to download . and it is connected too in proper condition.

will you please help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to download w10 update on lumia 535. downloading stars but after some time it shows an error " YOu Need to connect to wifi to download the update .

i am already using wifi to download . and it is connected too in proper condition.

will you please help?

Can you try a different wifi connection? Or move closer to the router?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Macharathalli Ch

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: unable to download updates on lumia 535 via wifi.?

Hi, I bought new Microsoft Lumia 535 mobile, and I am updating the mobile, it shows the message "you need to connect to wifi to download the update" but it is already connected to wifi and I am able to browse in Internet explorer. If I disconnect and connect the wifi, again it starts downloading again, but after some time, it is showing the same message. I placed the phone very neat to wifi router(around 12 feed).
Please let me know, how to overcome this issue...?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: unable to download updates on lumia 535 via wifi.?

Hi, I bought new Microsoft Lumia 535 mobile, and I am updating the mobile, it shows the message "you need to connect to wifi to download the update" but it is already connected to wifi and I am able to browse in Internet explorer. If I disconnect and connect the wifi, again it starts downloading again, but after some time, it is showing the same message. I placed the phone very neat to wifi router(around 12 feed).
Please let me know, how to overcome this issue...?

make sure cellular is off and for wifi, try adding the network again to your list of wifi networks in the phone. Or reset the router
And update while charging

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6