Unable to fill Nokia Lumia 920 to full HD capacity (Mac)

Jhzaeth

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hope you can help (or offer condolences).

I recently purchased my Nokia Lumia 920, and I love it. However I made the move from an iPhone 4 and have a mac, so I am used to a syncing system which is fairly pain-free. I downloaded the WP sync app form the App Store and went through the teething trouble of allowing access to my files and the repetitive crashes. However now it is working fine however I am unable to fill up my Nokia to the full 32GB. I've included a picture as this appears to be my limit. Whenever I try to add extra files, I get an error message, as shown in the photos.

I have tried fully wiping the phone and it resynced to the same position. I also tried manually deleting the files and resyncing but to no avail.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks,

J

Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 12.16.48.png
Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 12.18.07.png

Jhzaeth

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Disappointingly I haven't had any replies yet, whereas nearly every other thread has. Is this because my problem is rare? Has anyone experienced this before?

dallaboo

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe theres a glitch in the app. Tried reinstalling it? While I have no clue how a mac works I'll assume that it has a file manager and a drag and drop feature. Have you tried that or do you have to use a sync app?
Theres a sync app for Windows too but its much easier with a file manager,IMO.

Jhzaeth

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I've tried reinstalling once. Same problem occurred. I'll have a look for a file manager app instead and post in here my findings.

Jhzaeth

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
So I have used the Windows Phone mac app to manually move over files and this appears to fix the problem. Thanks for your advice!

BT_man

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So I have used the Windows Phone mac app to manually move over files and this appears to fix the problem. Thanks for your advice!

Jhazeth, Do you have issues with music+videos not seeing some of your artists. I use the Mac Windows Phone App too and although it says everything is syncing, when I am on my phone in Music+Videos it will not show some of my artist, even when in the app, it says that the files are synced to my phone. Funny thing is that Nokia Music shows the artist that the music+video app does not. Any input into this issue?

AtticusK

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought on something you may have overlooked. Don't forget when deleting things, for it those deletes to take effect it must be emptied from 'Trash' before you can actually utilise the space on the device again.

Perhaps?

BT_man

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought on something you may have overlooked. Don't forget when deleting things, for it those deletes to take effect it must be emptied from 'Trash' before you can actually utilise the space on the device again.

Perhaps?

WP8 does not mount as a disk in MacOSX. We have to sync using the Windows Phone Connector app and deleting and adding files is done through the app. Im not that confident in the app, but it does seem to work fairly well. I have a feeling that a lot the issues with the files that are not showing up on the phone but are showing up in the connector app, is because of id3 tags and how the tags changes between iTunes and windows....I think...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo