Unable to sync Yahoo account...

p_f22

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I have set up my Alcatel Idol 4S, everything is great so far, but I cannot sync to my main Yahoo email account.

The email account is set up correctly on the phone, address + password, so it tells me, but when I try to sync my email, I get the "dots" running across the top of the screen for ages.

Eventually it says, "Your Yahoo account settings are out-of-date," and when I click "Fix account," I'm asked to enter the password again.

The phone doesn't appear to retain my password... does anyone have any ideas?

p_f22

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry humzahyaz, I don't understand... you're saying that the phone repeatedly losing my password and making me input it over and over again is normal? That doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I deleted the account then shut down my phone.

I then went to yahoo and archived ALL the emails in my inbox, except for 6 that came in today that I kept.

I then turned my phone back on, added the account and synced... with the same result... my account settings are out of date and I have to enter my password again.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I get the same message on my Windows 10 PC (I am on insider preview on my PC if that makes any difference) and both of my W10 mobile phones. I've tried everything possible and I continue to get the same messages. I've given up using yahoo email on anything Windows 10. The only reason I use a Yahoo account at all is as a junk email. I keep a W8.1 PC for my yahoo accounts

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry humzahyaz, I don't understand... you're saying that the phone repeatedly losing my password and making me input it over and over again is normal? That doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I deleted the account then shut down my phone.

I then went to yahoo and archived ALL the emails in my inbox, except for 6 that came in today that I kept.

I then turned my phone back on, added the account and synced... with the same result... my account settings are out of date and I have to enter my password again.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

All i am saying is after putting the password just let it be. It will keep syncing in the back and eventually will get synced. Then go to Change mailbox sync settings and save the settings you like.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
My Yahoo! account is perfectly synced on my Windows 10 PC and Mobile.

Insider on the PC? I've tied everything and every suggestion. It always comes up with the same message, exactly what p_f22 posted:

"Your Yahoo account settings are out-of-date," and when I click "Fix account," I'm asked to enter the password again.

It's circular. You just wind up doing the same thing over and over again and it doesn't fix anything. I've deleted and re-added. I've tried a dozen other things. It's like a lot of things on W10. It works fine for some people and others can never get it to work. I have three W10 mobile phones (two L640 and the other Idol), two on insider and one not, and none work with yahoo email.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes Insider on the PC and Mobile. I would suggest that you enter the password and just leave it for a day. Do not delete it or re-enter the password and all. Once you have set it up, just let it be. After a day, change its syncing options.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I've left them for a day, for three days and for a week and none of it makes any difference. It still comes up with that message on all four devices when I try to sync them.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
visit yahoo.com on a browser, it is possible your account is setup to not allow third party apps to access it.

In your yahoo account, you'll have to go to settings > preferences > privacy

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was getting the "Your Yahoo account settings are out-of-date" banner every time I opened my yahoo email on mobile, and the "enter your password" pop-up window on my Desktop, for about 2-weeks straight. seems to have fixed itself, for me, because I have not had the issue for about 10 days now. I figured Yahoo was just trying to fix some of their vulnerabilities? good luck with that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss