Unlocked Lumia 830 available at EXPANSYS

aaronmoe

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 830 is available for purchase at EXPANSYS USA now and will ship early next week. Price Is $449.99, which is the lowest that I could find out on the web currently.

Last edited:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If only this supported all of the AT&T LTE bands :( I'd still probably wait a month for the price to come down a little, but I'd be all over this. I expect we'll see an official AT&T variant "before the holidays", but without Qi charging. Maybe there'll be some way to hack it to add back Qi.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's actually been on Ebay for a week, but it's being sold without the box and accessories. The seller has a decent rating but I'd rather have it brand new, unopened in its original packaging. Also, I think I'll be waiting for the RM-985 variant to become available so I can use it with T-Mobile LTE. I also haven't seen the exchangeable back covers being sold individually anywhere yet. I kind of want to get all that at once so I can switch them out as I please.

tonyjkent

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Based on the FCC documents for the RM-883 variant, it looks like the AT&T version of the 830 will come with Powermat wireless charging.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got off chat with Expansys. Apparently their stock is currently in Hong Kong. They'll have to get it shipped to their U.S. warehouse first, and then dispatch your order. Keep that in mind while choosing your shipping method... you definitely won't be getting it for several days or a week even if you choose 1 day shipping.

roryok

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Very tempted to upgrade. I've had the 820 since it came out and it served me well. I love everything about it bar the camera, which is not bad, but not great. I'm torn between this and a 930

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
$380 unlocked means it should be no more than $299 on AT&T and may in fact be $279 from AT&T, which is exactly where it should be priced. I will buy one at that price to replace my nearly 3 year old HTC Titan running WP 7.5! Come on!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It's actually been on Ebay for a week, but it's being sold without the box and accessories. The seller has a decent rating but I'd rather have it brand new, unopened in its original packaging. Also, I think I'll be waiting for the RM-985 variant to become available so I can use it with T-Mobile LTE. I also haven't seen the exchangeable back covers being sold individually anywhere yet. I kind of want to get all that at once so I can switch them out as I please.
It is the RM-985 version...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I was on chat with expansys yesterday. I was told that they have RM985 for lumia 830.

Really? I chatted with them three times over the past week and they said their Lumia 830s are RM-984. I believe they told you what they did though, their chat reps are generally clueless, but the ones I spoke to claim they called their warehouse to verify.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got an e-mail back from them and they said it was the 984. I cancelled my order. I must say though that they were not only accommodating but fast. Within half an hour I got an e-mail from PayPal saying Expansys had refunded my money, and 10 seconds later a confirmation from Expansys. I definitely plan to buy an unlocked phone from them if they get the one I need.

djakona

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I got my Nokia 920 from Rogers that was the right variant and I have Tmo LTE, possibly the same with the 830 available next week 10/8 on Rogers.

Tokuro Yamashiro

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
well, i'll see how it goes. I chatted again and initially she told me they have 984. I then told her that "i placed an order based on previous chat and was informed that you have 985". she went to "double check" and came back with 985 answer. she said that there were some "old mail" that had wrong info etc. i'll find out soon enough...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosjd