Unwanted playlist and album shuffling

mr2gud2u

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks I'm new to the forum. I want to start by saying I love my wp7. The brainwashed masses can keep there iOS. Anyway lately I have had issues with my phone shuffling my playlists and albums. When I listen to music during my workouts its no biggy, but most of the time I listen to books. Its very difficult to pick up my phone while on the treadmill, and find the track I need. I'm not using the shuffle all function. I'm just selecting the album and every time the tracks are in a different order. I suspect its some setting on Zune, but I have not found it. This issue just started the end of last week, right before the NoDo rolled out. Thanks for the help folks.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Alphabetical vs. Cronological

Welcome to WPCentral!

Hey folks I'm new to the forum. I want to start by saying I love my wp7. The brainwashed masses can keep there iOS. Anyway lately I have had issues with my phone shuffling my playlists and albums. When I listen to music during my workouts its no biggy, but most of the time I listen to books. Its very difficult to pick up my phone while on the treadmill, and find the track I need. I'm not using the shuffle all function. I'm just selecting the album and every time the tracks are in a different order. I suspect its some setting on Zune, but I have not found it. This issue just started the end of last week, right before the NoDo rolled out. Thanks for the help folks.

This may be what is happening:

If I scroll through artists I can tap the "play" button to the left of the artist, and it will begin playing the first song, based on alphabetical order, in my collection by that artist.

If instead of playing directly from the artist list, I tap on the artist itself, it will take me to the albums from that artist I have in my collection in order of newest to oldest. From there I can either play the whole album in cronological order by tapping the "play" icon, or I can view the album songs in cronological order by tapping the album name.

Also, from the artist's album page, I can swipe to the left to view all songs by that artist in alphabetical order.

I am just guessing, but this may be what you are seeing.

I hope that helps!

mr2gud2u

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
When I view tracks in the album sometimes they are in chronological or alphabetic order. The second I touch the play icon to the side of the first track in the order they become shuffled. It makes no sense.

mr2gud2u

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing around with renaming tracks and numbers. No matter what order they show up on the album list they are shuffled when I touch the play icon.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
When an album is playing, tap the artwork and you will see three icons; shuffle, favorite, or loop. If shuffle is grayed out it's on. Tap it again to turn it off. Guess this setting is retained across different selections. Knew I read that somewhere. Found it on page 56 of my manual. Read it 5 months ago.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ouch. I have this habit of reading manuals cover to cover the day I get a new toy. I don't absorb/remember everything (getting old sucks) but I do get these little flashes when I see something I remember reading earlier. Podcasts? I need some fast music when I get on the treadmill to keep me motivated.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire