Upcoming features at Build 2016

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I think I have a fair idea of the improvements to action centre and start screen. Microsoft said that the new features are requested by users. So I scanned the Windows feedback app and isolated the ones with maximum number of votes. Here is my logical guess:

1. ACTION CENTRE
We will be able to resize, add, and delete action buttons just like LIVE tiles.

2. Start screen
(a) Bigger LIVE tiles will show more information and sentences than smaller ones.
(b) Ability to group and name LIVE tiles on Windows phones as in desktops and transparent tiles in desktops.

In addition to this, there may be interactive tiles, landscape mode for start screen and to change LIVE tiles colour individually but it seems less likely because of their little practical utility.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would hope there are some performance improvements and not all these UI upgrades.

I know one number one requested feature is transparent action center...

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Meh... people's expectations are way out of wack. The hololens reveal last year was to keep interest in the company and let people know it will be coming.

As a dev I was totally nerding out with all the bot/ai talk. I can already think of a few things I wish my company would let us devote time to. The project Centennial stuff is also way better than I was expecting. The Continuum enhancements will end up being quite useful.

As for today... I'm still waiting on a big Xamarin announcement in the day 2 keynote.

People need to realize not everything is targeted at consumers. I went home and ended up watching 3-4 different sessions. It's really not my fault you aren't the target audience.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
People seem moved (or not moved) but what directly affects them at that moment. With the killing off of half the possible W10 upgrade phones (warranted or not) Microsoft has set themselves up for a rash of negative. It's the nature of the beast.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
As a dev I was totally nerding out with all the bot/ai talk. I can already think of a few things I wish my company would let us devote time to. The project Centennial stuff is also way better than I was expecting. The Continuum enhancements will end up being quite useful.

Bots and cognitive services are the same basic AI stuff that everyone is doing.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately no concrete news about iinteractive live tiles. Apparently focus is the action center and all things notification cards. Disappointed.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately no concrete news about interactive live tiles. Apparently focus is the action center and all things notification cards. Disappointed.

They did mention they're still working on it, sounded like that have multiple ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Still working on it is the same as " coming soon". People get tired of that after years of it. Hope they have not given up but I do not put a lot of faith in their attitude toward their phone line. After I bought my Android phone I did keep my 640 just in case. But it keeps saying the same thing when you run the update app "coming soon".

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It bothered me a lot when I gave away my 820 and 925. But I did give them another chance when I replaced them with a 640. But I doubt I will ever trust Microsoft as my main phone. I think a great many of their customers feel the same way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb