Upcoming lumias...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
At&t will be getting at least one new nokia phone around may to june but I have no idea on the specs

Would love to know where you got this bit of info from. i am sitting on an upgrade and have decided I will wait until the new wave of 8.1's roll off the assembly line or just until there is a nice price drop on the L1520. Be nice to know "about" when the new wave will come, so I can prep myself for the wait.

Although, this sounds about right. May/June for new WP8.1's after an announcement in April.

Wrath_Kahn

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Would love to know where you got this bit of info from. i am sitting on an upgrade and have decided I will wait until the new wave of 8.1's roll off the assembly line or just until there is a nice price drop on the L1520. Be nice to know "about" when the new wave will come, so I can prep myself for the wait.

Although, this sounds about right. May/June for new WP8.1's after an announcement in April.

I have some friends that work at at&t(not sales store, engineers). They say they are getting a new one to test soon but have not gotten spec details. It takes about 2-3 months to certify phones which is why I said may-june.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
One of the things i consider important for upcoming Lumia devices is that Nokia uses matte unibody i ALL of his devices, i don't really understand why manufacturers use glossy plastic, it's easily scratchable, more dirty than mate and in a hot day it's not good to grab the phone being kind of sweaty, mate surface doesn't have this problems.

And also i hope for a good 920 succesor, something like 4,7" in the same dimentions, more GPU power, thinner, lighter and of course it's fundamental that it has good battery performance, 920 is far from having a good battery life, is awful.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
920 is far from having a good battery life, is awful.
Mine is 18 months old and still lasts a good 2 days of normal use (3-4 of light use) without charging - I'd say that's pretty good these days.

Otherwise I agree, the 920 needs a true successor, and needs to include wireless charging still :)

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine is like 10 months old and battery is awful, i know it depents on how you use it and what you use but all the reviews make battery life a con and not a pro. When i go to uni i don't use whatsapp too much, just check twitter sometimes and facebook, listen to music almost 4HS, half when i'm going and half when i'm going back and it lasts like 9 hours and i get home with 30% let's say. When i was using my RAZR i i was able to use WhatsApp like no matter, gaming, twitter, facebook and all those almost 4HS of music and the when i got back home i was with 40 to 50%, same happening with my other phone that it is a Optimus G, it doesn't drain like 920 with the same kind of use.

Well i deviated from the main topic here, 920 needs a successor, wireless charging would be great, like i said matte finish and i didn't search on this but if it's not possible i'd like for Windows Phone (now that it has a file manager with 8.1) to make wireless connection like Airdroid on Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven