Update Tablet

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Windows 10 tablet made by insignia. It's on build 14393 and was wondering how to update the tablet to the new windows 10 creators update. Can i download the version to USB flash drive since the storage on tablets is limited and won't allow u to update regularly. Can someone help with steps?

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Windows 10 tablet made by insignia. It's on build 14393 and was wondering how to update the tablet to the new windows 10 creators update. Can i download the version to USB flash drive since the storage on tablets is limited and won't allow u to update regularly. Can someone help with steps?

You will have to install it from a bootable pen drive. But before that, take a backup of the drivers. Also, you may need an externally powered multi USB hub, a USB keyboard and a mouse because touch may not work during installation and your week need to select language and enter things.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Start be going here:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ftware-download%2Fwindows10ISO&token=BqiagR2r

I'm on my phone right now, so it looks different on my end. There should be an option to create installation media on a USB or Download Windows 10. Just make sure to follow the steps. It'll pretty much walk you through it.

This video might help as well:
https://youtu.be/wzuCgm7dIEc

Just to be safe, you might want to download the program called Magic Jellybean onto the tablet you are trying to upgrade. Run it and write down your product key. You might not need to manually enter it, but it never hurts to have it in case you need it. Just download the free version. Be sure when you install it, you read all the popups. It'll ask to install chrome and other stuff in addition to the actual Magic Jellybean program. You can say no to all of the other downloads.
https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Also, as someone above already commented, you'll most likely need a powered USB hub so you can use a mouse and keyboard to get everything set up. The tablet's touch function will most likely not be working until you get the correct drivers installed.

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Do I'm facing a problem with storage I've seen a few videos o YouTube that say when its done with a USB using the media creation tool it works but i get a message stating Partition issues can someone help

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with it now. After you have the USB connected, are you going thru settings to start the install of are you going into the installation media folder on the USB and double clicking the exe file?

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes the process begins to check and everything goes smooth until it hits 100% on the process. It then will bring up a message saying the partition storage if full or something to that effect.. It has something to do with storage on tablets so looking at videos it says updating the tablet with a USB will work but I'm still getting this message. Any suggestions?

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I just received a Notification from the update menu with an error. So i guess now Microsoft has sent the update to my tablet but i have the PARTITION STORAGE error and can not install. Can someone help on how to get the new update into my tablet?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo