Updated Facebook app is painfully slow

Florin Micle

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Over the last few weeks I noticed that the Facebook app is awfully slow, to the point that it's almost unusable. The last update said "bug fixes and performance improvements", I'll be damned if I see any performance improvements. My wife has the Lumia 1520, I have the 930, we have a 1 Gbps internet connection at home, both our phones get around 150 Mbps on our 5 GHz WiFi network, so the speed should be great. In fact we can see that the network is not an issue when using the Store app for instance, downloading apps is super-fast, browsing is fast as well.

Any ideas what might be going on? Has anyone else noticed this? Browsing m.facebook.com is actually much faster than running the app. When I activate the app, first it's "downloading" for a long long time, 20-30 seconds at least, but it feel much longer. Then, when it finally responds and I start scrolling down I notice that not all the photos have been downloaded, they are being downloaded on demand, so to speak, as I scroll down. But I have to wait for 5-10 seconds for each photo to be displayed, it's awful. I was thinking about recording a video of this, but then I figured, who would care anyway? :)

The messenger app is slow and buggy as well, doesn't always refresh if you in the conversation view. You type something in, hit Send and suddenly more text appears that the other person sent some time back.

Florin Micle

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Everything seems to be back to normal lately, both the Facebook and the FB Messenger apps are running normally. I don't know what the problem was, if there was another update or if there was a API/server change that fixed the problem on the other end. Either way, they are responsive and work as expected now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz