Updated my 730 to GDR2

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Not the official way, but the hacker way using the Windows Insider app.

Normally I avoid such hacks, but I just didn't want to wait.

Result: a bit scary process, but it went well. Took quite some time and several reboots to finish, but in the end I have GDR2 running.

What I noticed: the GPS seems to be a little better, but still not as good as the 640.

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
you Just noticed change in GPS ?
what about settings, double tap to turn screen off, changes in apps like calender ?

and why the hell update is available for 735 but not 730 :/

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
you Just noticed change in GPS ?
what about settings, double tap to turn screen off, changes in apps like calender ?

and why the hell update is available for 735 but not 730 :/

Of course all other new features from GDR2 are also present. I just didn't want to repeat what has been said elsewhere.

Istvan Varro

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
How did you upgraded? As far as i see only 735, US SPRINT newtwork edition has the GDR2, but i might misunderstood the numbers.
What is your model number? RM-1040?
And product code? Have you changed the product code to get a build for another phone? If yes, what is the new one, and what was the old one.
I have tried 3 GDR2 builds, but couldn't install any of them, probably because of hardware differences.

Istvan Varro

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking about one thing and looking at other list. Not us sprint, but some european editions, india, middle east and africa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99