Updates do not show up in Store and Live Tile

tsanchai

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The problem that no update show up in Store Live Tile and in Store itself used to happen in the past. And it just work for many months. The problem come back again about a week ago. No update show up in Live Tile or Srire itself. I know that there are at least 6 updates for my software on the phone. And when I go to the app in Store, number start showing up in live tile.

But live notification is not working as it should be. I am so dissatisfying with Windows Phone 8 and with Amber update on my Lumia 920.

It a crappy OS I have ever use. Full on imperfections and problems.

Fix please. thing should work as I have paid for it.

tsanchai

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all the tricks like unpin store, clear IE cache, set time and date to manual, reboot. But nothing work. It seems that these are all second guess users made because there is no explanation from Microsoft and Nokia on what is the cause of problem, and when a fix would be made.

tsanchai

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What is Lumia System Updater? I have checked phone update and mine is all up to date. Very simple, the problem is that no notification of update show up in Store live tile. I have to manually go to the app in Store to get it updated.

tsanchai

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have installed Lumia System Updater as you recommended. It check all Nokia system apps only. My problem is for both Nokia apps and third party apps. Whenever there is an update, it should show up in the Store live tile, isn't it?

It used to work until a eeek ago, no update notification show up anymore in Store app and it's live tile.

I have searched the Internet and try all the tricks suggested but they do not work.

Help please, how can I get the notification bak and working on the Store live tile? So I will know that there are updates to apps on my Lumia 920.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
It only checks the store for updates once a day. I used to put my phone in airplane mode overnight and it would always miss the update time. Do you turn your phone off regularly?

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It only checks the store for updates once a day. I used to put my phone in airplane mode overnight and it would always miss the update time. Do you turn your phone off regularly?

Oh my goodness you've finally found the solution to my problems! I put my phone to Flight Mode before sleep and was wondering why I wasn't getting any updates for about 2 weeks, and only getting updates when I occasionally forgot to put it into flight mode.
Thank you! I hadn't even thought of that.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Unpin your store stile tile from starting page then reset your phone by pressing volume down + lock keys together, after restart your phone pin your store tile to start screen you will get update daily, may be first update you get in 24 hours then same time you will get updates daily if available

Last edited:

tsanchai

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Have done all recommended but the update notification still not show up in Store Live Tile as it should be.

It used to work in the past, but stop working about 10days now

Help. Microsoft should make this more reliable not as lousy as it is now. I never have problem with IOS and Android. It a pain in Window Phone 8

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You have done all recommended steps, but one Question is your internet is on for 24 hours?
If not please internet on for 24-48 hours then see what happen

scyllafirefox

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem, from the 1st week of using this platform I am getting app updates then suddenly they stop notifying me. I found out that I need to go to each individual app and update manually. THIS IS ABSURD!!! can anyone here help us with this problem.

avdbusse

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue with my 920, the only way I could fix it (apart from hard reset) was by updating to GDR3 and now black. Everything else I tried, failed. Called Nokia care but they didn't even understand the problem, was frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney