Updates for phones on an alternate carrier

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is CV UK but it doesn't get the updates immediately, i once queried this from Nokia but i didn't get a satisfactory response, i had the opinion that once the updates are out from Nokia we would be the first to get these updates but alas we would get them weeks well after some of those carrier branded phone had received the updates.

You get the updates when Nokia starts seeding them. Different models in different regions get them at different times. Just because one model is getting it does not mean all other models will get the update at the same time.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine is CV UK but it doesn't get the updates immediately, i once queried this from Nokia but i didn't get a satisfactory response, i had the opinion that once the updates are out from Nokia we would be the first to get these updates but alas we would get them weeks well after some of those carrier branded phone had received the updates.

My 820's on CV UK, and when GDR3 came out, I got it on the same day. On the same day, my 920 was carrier-branded, and I can't get the update. Flashed it to a CV UK ROM, and got the update quickly to it as well.

I don't know how you got yours delayed, but that shouldn't be. I would understand if it was due to different region, but were both running the UK ROM. I guess it must just be the difference in model - 925 and 820 got it earlier than whatever model you have?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Done this to my phone I got from my carrier when I got an upgrade. Lots of people in this forum have done it to their phones to bypass carrier intervention in updates.

OK tried it but all I got was a DongleFail:Sec CheckNbhModelID Error. Oh well.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
OK tried it but all I got was a DongleFail:Sec CheckNbhModelID Error. Oh well.

Are you trying to do it using Phoenix? I don't know anything about that. I followed the Navifirm+ and Nokia Care Suite way. Pretty friendly steps for me. I don't want to go detailed as it's getting off-topic from OP's question, and it has been covered (I think) in this forum.

Oh, and can I just say I don't take responsibility for flashing your phone, yeah? :) I'm just trying to answer OP's question. Flash your phone at your own risk.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to do it using Phoenix? I don't know anything about that. I followed the Navifirm+ and Nokia Care Suite way. Pretty friendly steps for me. I don't want to go detailed as it's getting off-topic from OP's question, and it has been covered (I think) in this forum.

Oh, and can I just say I don't take responsibility for flashing your phone, yeah? :) I'm just trying to answer OP's question. Flash your phone at your own risk.

Ha ha, of course! ;)

No I tried a method I found on xda-developers. I have an HTC 8s so I can't use Nokia Care Suite. I don't know about Phoenix though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminghubpro