Updates require full game download

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Why is it every time I have an update for an Xbox One game, it makes me download the entire game again. For instance, right now I have Halo MCC paused in my update queue because it wants me to re-download over 70GB game files. This is a game that is installed from a disc and has never been Uninstalled. I also do not and have never used an external drive for any games either. All my games were and are still installed on the internal storage.

Not only that, but I downloaded 5GB of the game and paused it last night. Today I went to resume the download and it starts over from the beginning. It did that yesterday with Fortnite too. I downloaded a full 8.7 GB "Update" because the nephews were coming for the weekend. When the turned the Xbox on last night it made us download another 8.6 GB update.

I am hoping there is a logical explanation here but I seriously doubt it. It reminds me of how Windows update acts. I have a Kangaroo mini PC with 32 GB internal storage. Windows will download a feature update the update will fail and then it will re-download the entire update again on top of the files that are still in my system. At that point, the update will fail again because now there is not enough storage left. And of course, it will then start to download all the update files again and so on.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Getting tired of turning my Xbox on and having 50-100 GB of games to download.

athomas917

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
these full game updates are a bit much. what MS needs to do is give us the option to take a USB to a local Ms kiosk or MS store to get updates and offload them to our boxes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss