USA, Tennessee

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi ya! My name is Maryjane. I'm from Tennessee and I work full time and currently go to nursing school full time. I am a tech geek. I especially love phones!!

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey MaryJane welcome to Windows Central! What device(s) do you have or previously had?

Thank you Josiah . :). My veey first Windows phone was the Pocket PC's made back in 2008. Hated it. It ran Windows 6.1 but I still come around to see how Windows progressing.
I currently have a HP Windows 10 desktop and 4 Windows 10 laptops. I have various Bluetooth devices and I am adapt at tinkering with my gadgets. I've replaced screens on laptops, installed memory and various other things. Instead of being a nurse I should be in Computer/Electronics classes.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Wait did you just say you currently have 4 Windows 10 laptops?? Wow! I too tinker with gadgets for the fun of it, hopefully ill start my next project within a few days, I'm doing a gold mining project from an old Motorola non-smart phone I found in a box in my closet, probably back from 2008 too.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Wait did you just say you currently have 4 Windows 10 laptops?? Wow! I too tinker with gadgets for the fun of it, hopefully ill start my next project within a few days, I'm doing a gold mining project from an old Motorola non-smart phone I found in a box in my closet, probably back from 2008 too.

Yes i said 4! I also have a Hp Google laptop. Just wanted to try that out. Sucks! But i have TONS of ok phones. I have boxes full of them. My friends always call me when they get a cracked screen for a cheap phone replacement. Yes i charge them! 😆 i would love to get a hold of a old Wagon Trail game like the one that ran on DOS. You talking about Gold Mining reminded me of that lol.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
You can run your own business loaning cheap phones and make some green, lol. If I happen to crack my screen (which is rare), I usually find Gorilla Glass and the glass removal tool online (ebay) and replace it myself for a grand total of $5. And were you referring to "The Oregon Trail" or another game called "Wagon Trail" on DOS?

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Lol I meant Oregon Trail. Haven't gotten used to my keyboard on my 640 phone yet. I've tried to fix my own phone screen before but I'm not to good at that yet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WindowsCentral. I am currently using a Lumia 640 and loving it. These days it is easier to replace the entire LCD than just the front glass unless you invest in some serious degluing equipment.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Maryjane! I'm married to a Tennessee girl myself. Best decision ever. I'm a Mississippi boy. I met her after she moved to Mississippi.

I'm also using a 640, and love the device, especially running Windows 10 Mobile on the 640. Nice, because with Windows 10 Mobile on the 640, I get missed call alerts on my laptop, and can send someone a text when I've missed a call, all right from the laptop.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Maryjane! I'm married to a Tennessee girl myself. Best decision ever. I'm a Mississippi boy. I met her after she moved to Mississippi.

I'm also using a 640, and love the device, especially running Windows 10 Mobile on the 640. Nice, because with Windows 10 Mobile on the 640, I get missed call alerts on my laptop, and can send someone a text when I've missed a call, all right from the laptop.

Oh wow! I want sso bad to put WP10 preview on my 640 but I don't have a backup phone right now in case I mess it up. So I will wait. But I love hearing about the new features. Im hoping that WP10 has a better WA of sorting the App list than just have it scrolling down the page. I would rather have the apps spread out like in Android on the page. Crossing my fingers you can do that!

Thanks for the welcome! Mississippi must be quiet a change to her! I know it would be for me. 😊

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Howdy again, MJ.

Glad you are making yourself to home. I want to see a review on that HD LTE when you get settled in on it.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yea here you'll find a little bit of everyone around here, such as tech "geeks" that have or had every device known demand and know everything about them, we have some software developers, programmers, (I believe), graphic designers and many other people we some tech hobbies or as a job from all over the world!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler