USB port on a phone, good idea or bad ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Why ?

could connect my phone to an external CD/DVD player and watch DVDs on my phone, and I could load apps from a CD or burn music/videos/data/programs into a CD.

*2* I could connect to an external hard drive to save/browse content,

*3*I could print from a printer that has no WiFi (via USB)-WiFi printers are expensive, makes it possible to create documents on a phone/tablet.

*4* I could plug a flash stick into it.

*5* I could plug a mouse and keyboard into it (provided I have two USB ports)

*6* I could charge one phone with another via USB to mini USB.

*7* I could connect directly to a network booster via USB.

I know some things I listed may be impractical but it would be nice to see this become a reality.

Please vote for it if you like it: please put a USB port on your phones/tablets.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Phones already have a USB port, only in different form or type. What you meant to ask was USB-to-go support. Most android phones already do this, but sadly WP doesn't support this due to security reasons.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Phones already have a USB port, only in different form or type. What you meant to ask was USB-to-go support. Most android phones already do this, but sadly WP doesn't support this due to security reasons.

Well they do allow SD cards so I don't see a reason why USBOTG couldn't be implemented. I do miss that feature from my days with the N8. I didn't use it that frequently but it comes in handy when you do need it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Buy a Surface. It does all of the above, except for installing apps off a CD, which is quite frankly a bonkers idea.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to do the stuff you said, but I would not like to have a full sized usb port in my phone, it's just too big. It should be great is it had support for an adaptor though :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb