Used 930, No wireless charging

Onyeka Nwankwo1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a used lumia 930 to temporarily replace my long in the tooth 1020 until the fall flagships. The lack of glance and LTE kept me from doing it early but the denim camera upgrades and built in wireless charging eventually swayed me (I use my phones caseless and attaching the charging case just to put it on the charger defeated most of the point of wireless charging for the 1020)

The particularly model is one I got on craigslist. The seller had purchased it off ebay previously. Honestly, it looks great with no cosmetic damage whatsoever. However it does not charge on either my Dt-900 or Tylt Vu chargers. I'm not sure how this function can be broken without cosmetic damage.

I'm in the US, so there is no warranty repair options. Is there a self fix for this or do I have any recourse to get it fixed?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I know that for the 920, you can buy the back cover with the wireless charging module and replace it yourself. The procedure is not as easy as 1.2.3 though. There are probably similar dyi for 930. Check YouTube and eBay.

The other option is the Nokia repair shops.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The 920 has built in QI charging. No back cover needed. The 925 you need the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My 930 has started to play up when charging wirelessly. Starts ok when placed on the charger, but it will stop. Either find this in the morning when i wake up to find it's virtually dead, or i notice it happening minutes after i've put it on. Has worked brilliantly for the last 10 months, just started recently.

Not prepared to pull the back off and move the pins, but sending it back for repair could mean being without a mobile for - days, weeks???

Was a selling feature for me, so don't want to have to use a cable.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi perhaps the previous owner did at some time replace the back cover?
Many of the replacement back-covers do Not come with the Required Wireless charging coil or nfc antenna nor the camera flash module attached.
Genuine Nokia Lumia 930 Green Battery Cover - 02507T8 | eBay

Removing the back-cover would indeed indicate if this is causing the loss of wireless charge features.
If its not present buy a replacement backcover / one that states they are included & preferred already attached.
You can notice the difference comparing this used cover which had wireless coil & nfc antenna but minus the camera flash
Nokia Lumia 930 Black rear back battery cover Grade B - Genuine Original - A1012 | eBay

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
930 only need wireless charger, i had try once, works spot on. Just put phone on a charger, he recognise it and it works. 930 also supports 4g-LTE network

Onyeka Nwankwo1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried the advice from Steve (one of my favorite windows phones sites by the way);

No dice on getting wireless charging back running. Doesn't look like its bee modified or changed by previous owners (i'm pretty sure I was the first to open it) and the wireless charging coil was present.

The first time I put it back, I messed up the flash contacts but got that fixed. Still no Qi for me though. A minor setback while the wait for the fall flagships continues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb