UV and HR sensors for more optimal usage

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
"The Band 2 re-orientates the UV and HR sensors for more optimal usage when worn display down"

Can someone with a B2 explain how this works, as I thought the HR sensors were next to the skin, why would the HR sensor need to be re-orientated? I would get it if the Ambient light sensor re-orientated with the UV sensor.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I find it a bit confusing as well. The UV orientation I can understand, since it is now on the back of the clasp, which puts it facing the sky when the Band is worn display down. But my understanding of optical hr sensors led me to believe that the best orientation of that sensor should be on the outside of the arm, to prevent it being confused by vein/artery noise from the inside of the wrist. Maybe that was a misconception on my part?

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I find it a bit confusing as well. The UV orientation I can understand, since it is now on the back of the clasp, which puts it facing the sky when the Band is worn display down. But my understanding of optical hr sensors led me to believe that the best orientation of that sensor should be on the outside of the arm, to prevent it being confused by vein/artery noise from the inside of the wrist. Maybe that was a misconception on my part?

I'm with you there Nate it's quite confusing perhaps we will learn more as the Band 2 rolls out and gets more updates.

The BVS

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I too would like a better explanation regarding HR i.e., inside or outside of wrist is best. I hope someone from MS will respond.