Verizon 8x problems texting "can't send message Try Again"

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with a Nokia Lumia 720 using a Danish phone Company. So I believe Windows 8.1 is the problem. Will try some of the suggested solutions.

This happened on my 8x on wp 8 as well. The only thing that worked for me was to make a phone call (any call will do). For some reason placing a call connected to the mobile network to allow me to send a message. It's annoying but it worked for me.

yed19

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
So I thought this was humerous and worthy of a share...
I began a twitter conversation between HTC, VZW, and ATT to try to get a resolution on this subject (which is by all accounts way more than anyone should have to do to resolve a bug in a phone. Basically, I will leave to ATT if VZW and HTC cannot resolve the issue. I got a welcome tweet from ATT with some deals on new phones and a "lets work this out" tweet from VZW.. and get this... nothing from HTCUSA. Amazing right? Well after going back and forth with VZW, they ask me to go to a link (I cannot post a link since I am a newbie I guess...).

A link to a troubleshooting for a HTC One (M8) with Android. Makes me even more amazed at the level of idiocy or neglect that VZW shows... I also gave them a link to this thread so maybe if they actually read it they would understand the issue... I have little respect these days for support people in wireless carriers in the US these days. Perhaps it is a reflection that some people cannot even figure out how to do basic things on their phones, but I digress. I'll post if I can get anything (doubt it) from VZW on this.

IA Mir

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? PLEASE HELP ME OR ADVISE IF ANY PATCH AVAILABLE PLEASE

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This is worked for me. turn on airplane mode, and off with wifi, then I turn off airplane mode and when I connect to Verizon, I can send the message. then I turn wifi back on. this should reset the connection to the cell tower.
I believe what happening is that it trying to send it through the wifi connection. I am not sure of this is the case
but this solution has been working for me.

Ikhlas Younus

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Here i got the Solution of this all Problem,
Simply go to settings/applications/phone/international assit/off
thats all.
now you can send the sms to anyone or any where you want.
Enjoy

Ikhlas Younus

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Here i got the Solution of this all Problem,
Simply go to settings/applications/phone/international assit/off
thats all.
now you can send the sms to anyone or any where you want.
Enjoy

Asad Burki

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Same problem happened with my hoc 8x Verizon refurbished. After some time it's started giving message failed try again fault. After resetting the phone several time but the problem persisted. Then I got to know that the problem is with time zone. I set the date and time manually and keep the time zone to -8:00 America. After that the problem didn't come. For confirmation I set the time to automatic and it's giving the same fault again. Then changed back the setting to Manual time and date its solved for me

benaja

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
What I'm describing here has happened now on two refurbish 8x's I've received from Verizon. Quite often I'll send a text and get "can't send message Try Again?" error message. Sometimes if I try again and it takes two attempts then goes trough on try #3. Sometimes I have to delete the thread and the message goes through. Other times I've had to turn the phone off and then back on to have message go through. I have replaced the SIM card and still happens. Verizon support even reset my phone account from the back end and that lasts about 10 hours. All the while I can take the same text message, switch to embedded Facebook chat and send the message that way. It may be an app (I have bought them all through the store) but I don't want to wipe out all of my apps then add them back one by one to find the culprit and then do that again). Have others had this issue and if so and you resolved it, how? I love the phone and form factor but this is a little crazy. Maybe I'll just go back to my HTC Trophy :wink: Thanks in advance.

benaja

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello!i have an HTC 8x verizon!i could not send sms!i always have:"message can't send try again"now it's ok! I solved my issue on settings then slide to applications. In application i took "phone" then i put "international assist" off.
After this stape i can send sms without issue!