Verizon 8x??

wtf808

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Has ANYONE even received their preorder 8x yet (blue or black)???

I haven't even gotten that infamous delayed email.. And the stores near me already have the black in stock, argh!

gdn23

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a shipping notification and FedEx tracking number last night for a Monday (11/19) delivery. Pre-ordered black 8X on 11/9 in the morning. If you haven't received any notification at all, I would contact VZW by phone at 1-800-922-0204.

Haxcid

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Id just have them refund it and go to your local corporate store. I walked into my store yesterday and could have walked out with black, red, or blue.

jeffbarge

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've called every day for the past three days. My card was charged two days ago. Each time I call, I'm told it was supposed to ship 11/13 and that it is now 'pending shipment'. The girl I talked to this morning told me she would contact the warehouse to have it overnighted to me and would call me with a tracking number. I'm not holding my breath. If you can find a unit in-store, I'd cancel the preorder. Since I've already been charged (and the charge has posted, its no longer just a hold), it will be hard for me to go that route. So I wait. And call every day and hear the same thing. If Monday passes with no phone, I will pitch a fit on Tuesday until they either refund my money or give me a tracking number.

BrandonMills

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Not shipping yet. I'm betting they were low on inventory and decided to have the preorders get the shaft while the stores got the inventory in an effort to sell more phones.

jeffbarge

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that's exactly what they did. And then they charged the pre-orders cards before they were anywhere close to shipping in an effort to discourage us from cancelling and buy in-store. I am not impressed.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought the red was online only.
From everything I've read, it is online only. Also, the web site was saying it wouldn't ship until the 21st, even as pre-orders opened, so I can't imagine you could get it in store before that. Not to mention I've not heard of a single person getting anything other than black in store, and even those are hard to find since most stores only got a few in yesterday.

0x3g3n

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had pre-ordered the blue at 3am when the pre-order went live on 11/9. I waited and waited for a shipment notification, nothing. I walked into my verizon store, they had the blue 8X on display, asked what they had in stock and only had 2 black. I had them cancel my pre-order(they didn't even know they could, neither did I), and purchased the black in store. Happy 8X user now :)

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had pre-ordered the blue at 3am when the pre-order went live on 11/9. I waited and waited for a shipment notification, nothing. I walked into my verizon store, they had the blue 8X on display, asked what they had in stock and only had 2 black. I had them cancel my pre-order(they didn't even know they could, neither did I), and purchased the black in store. Happy 8X user now :)

I would have done the same thing, but it had already shipped. Was hoping I would get lucky and Fedex would beat the weekend.

0x3g3n

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So it is already working on the 8X?

Yep works fine on my 8X(that I know of.. set a 2gb limit and have only used ~300meg so far). You setup a data limit and it will limit apps once you get near your cap. It will also put a little icon on the live tile letting you know that the app is data restricted.

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Black seems to be the only one that has shipped in terms of pre-orderes and the only ones in store. I'm hopeful that Blue ships on 11/19 as some have said. As of now, my order for my Blue 8X has remained at awaiting inventory.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. Pre-ordered black on 11/9 at 8:30am. I am not sure if it is because I am on a business account or because I complained to my rep, but mine shipped next day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb