Verizon Fios Email Settings

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've recently had persistent syncing problems with one of my Verizon pop3 mail accounts on my 1520 (Cyan). I sometimes get an 80004005 error code. I have fooled around with the advanced settings and deleted and reinstalled the account, but I still can't clear it. I have a second Verizon pop3 email account which is predominantly only text emails that is operating fine with the same settings as the problematic account, which includes emails with images, etc. At home I have Verizon Fios, so Verizon seems to recommend different email settings than with their old-timey DSL service. I wonder if it has something to do with being on Verizon Fios wifi here at home? Obviously I am in over my head as to how or which settings control on the 1520. I was thinking of toggling between the various settings but I am also wondering if either WP 8.1 or Verizon on the back-end is throttling back my ability to download data? What I see on the account is a partially downloaded image with a small text message at the bottom of the email saying "downloading" but nothing else comes through unless I do a soft reset and that doesn't always work. Any help or clues would be welcomed and appreciated.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon mail from really getting tiresome anyway. I'm thinking of phasing it out in favor of my outlook.com account for personal use. I can't abide the avalanche of spam I get whenever I log on to any Google or Gmail service, so I am considering switching over and just having all my Verizon mail forwarded to outlook and then deleting the Verizon account from my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander