Verizon, Q9c, and GPS...ACK!!!

weinster666

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Ok. So Ive been running around like crazy, support calls between Verizon and Motorola..and about to add in Microsoft. All about this darn Verizon Q9c and my inability to access the built-in GPS like my Sprint Brethren. According to Motorola, under the hood they have identical hardware (GPS wise anyways), and that there is no BIOS or ROM differences. Motorola basically told be the difference is in the configration of Windows Mobile to allow ones GPS to work and the others to rot on the vine.

So, what do I type in where to reactivate it? Or am I working on false information?

If a full export of my registry will help anyone resolve this problem, I will be more than happy to provide it.

Last edited:

thebixcuit

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I ran in to the same thing. I found this on the MOTODEV site.

"Where should I look for support on questions related to Global Positioning System or Location Based Service on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon)?

INTRODUCTION:
Location Based Services (LBS) are information services accessible with mobile devices through the mobile network and utilizing the ability to make use of the location of the mobile device. Global Positioning System (GPS) is a part of Location Based Services. GPS is a "constellation" of 24 well-spaced satellites that orbit the Earth and make it possible for people with ground receivers to pinpoint their geographic location. GPS support on the Q 9c (Verizon) is called VZ Navigator. This article tells the point of contact at Verizon for issues regarding LBS or GPS on MOTO Q 9c(Verizon).

RESOLUTION:
The LBS functionality on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon) is not accessible through Microsoft LBS APIs. It is only accessible through the software VZ Navigator from Verizon. VZ Navigator is a GPS navigation software by Verizon wireless. All questions regarding Global Positioning System or Location Based Services on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon) should be directed to Anik.Jain@VerizonWireless.com

CONCLUSION:
GPS or LBS issues on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon) -- Questions should be directed to Verizon at the above email address.
"

A good place to start would be if someone could give us reg exports from the Sprint or ATT phone with working GPS in GMaps or WLS. In particular the HKLM and HKCU keys.

Files to look at from a Sprint or ATT phone would be:
gpsid.dll
gpsapi.dll
gpsclientdrvr.dll
motgpsapi.dll
LBSDriver.dll
LBSDriver.dll.* (there ase some LBSDriver.dll.####.mui files)

I've asked for these files in the everythingq.com forums and modaco forums without any luck.

crabber

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with Verizon. I sure hope we can find a work around, this just isn't fair. It is fair to say that GPS (at this time) does not work on the Verizon Q9c. Only VZnavigator works.

VZN is a great ap but we should be able to use all GPS enabled applications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4