Video Player

zebualvi

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, Is there a Video player app for Windows phone available? I am talking about an app like like VLC or AVPlayer for iPhone that play almost any video you throw at them without the need for conversion. I use AVPlayer on my iPhone a lot and it also displays subtitles which is also a must since i watch a lot of foreign movies and tv shows. I am actually quite happy with my 4s but seeing how Lumia 920 has a 4.5 inch screen and other decent features, it will be my next phone considering it has the app i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

jecky sougrakpam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hello Windows phone Developers. I have one
require for the video player for Lumia. We want
Codec videos player. to Support Vob, Mov, Flv,
Mpg, etc. plzzZ we are wetting Codec Video
player.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
hello Windows phone Developers. I have one
require for the video player for Lumia. We want
Codec videos player. to Support Vob, Mov, Flv,
Mpg, etc. plzzZ we are wetting Codec Video
player.

MoliPlayer Pro, from iOS and Android, will be released to Windows Phone store on Nov. 8. It supports most of the video and audio formats, mkv, flv, avi, rmvb, vob, divx, xvid, flac, ape, amr, midi etc. It supports playback of videos which have been uploaded to the camera roll of the phone by USB. Want to give it a try? Please see this post for screen shots and details http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/248907-new-all-format-video-music-player-anyone.html

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my review. Playing a 1080p .mp4 movie using native/default video player is very smooth while Moliplayer plays it horribly lag or it suffers from stuttering with HW decoder. Moliplayer should be able to play .mp4 smoothly with HW decoder though SW can play it smooth, it shouldn't be that way. SW decoder should only be use if the file is not supported by the Native/Default video player or Moliplayer. If the Native/Default video player can play a 1080 .mp4, Moliplayer should play it well.

The movie file I have tested with is Elysium.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY it is the movie featured in this article Moliplayer Pro - play any video file on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
My Phone is Lumia 920.

Thanks!

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my review. Playing a 1080p .mp4 movie using native/default video player is very smooth while Moliplayer plays it horribly lag or it suffers from stuttering with HW decoder. Moliplayer should be able to play .mp4 smoothly with HW decoder though SW can play it smooth, it shouldn't be that way. SW decoder should only be use if the file is not supported by the Native/Default video player or Moliplayer. If the Native/Default video player can play a 1080 .mp4, Moliplayer should play it well.

The movie file I have tested with is Elysium.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY it is the movie featured in this article Moliplayer Pro - play any video file on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
My Phone is Lumia 920.

Thanks!

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
MoliPlayer Pro, from iOS and Android, will be released to Windows Phone store on Nov. 8. It supports most of the video and audio formats, mkv, flv, avi, rmvb, vob, divx, xvid, flac, ape, amr, midi etc. It supports playback of videos which have been uploaded to the camera roll of the phone by USB. Want to give it a try? Please see this post for screen shots and details http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...new-all-format-video-music-player-anyone.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/263674-best-video-player-app.html

MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Key features:
1. Plays almost all VIDEO formats: avi, mkv, mp4, h.264, rmvb, wmv, flv, ts, m2ts, and vob. etc.
2. Plays almost all MUSIC formats, epecially lossless musics: aac, mp3, ape, flac, and ogg etc.
3. Displays almost all SUBTITLES: embedded or seperate: srt, ssa, and *.*** etc.
4. Smooth playback of hi-def MKV video at 1080P with no over heat issue
5. Organizes videos & music in separate folders
6. Easy wireless video transfer from your PC browser in WiFi network.
7. FAST upload from PC to the camera roll of the internal storage and/or SD card.
8. Easy GESTURE control, swiping for volume, brightness and FF/REW.
9. Remembers the last played position and resumes playback where it was left
10. Displays thumbnails of all videos
11. Password protection at app start

Also :

-Adjustable screen (full,fit,custom zoom by pinch)
-Connects to any DLNA server (connects ONLY to DLNA "servers" though, so does not stream TO other DLNA devices)
-Screen lock while playing.
-HW/SW decoder switch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05