Video recording interference from push notifications

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
When recording video with my Lumia 920, if i receive a push notification (from whatsapp for example) the vibration it makes creates an interference in the recorded video, causing the image to flicker and the vibration noise is recorded. This is not noticeable while recording, only when playing the video). This happens because the push notification vibrations interferes with the camera OIS, causing the image to flicker and the vibration sound to be recorded.
This does not happen when recording video and an SMS or MMS is received, since the phone "knows" its recording and it does not ring or vibrate giving only a screen notification. This seems not implemented on the push notifications, so it can be fix "easily".

This happened to me when i received a whatsapp message while recording a 1080p video (quality is irrelevant), and is really annoying having a video ruined by this.
Anyone with the same issue?

Update: Here's a video sample... http://youtu.be/kusbLXIIHRw

Thank you.

Last edited:

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Does this still happen if you disable alerts while recording video?

What you mean by "disable alerts"? In "ringtones+sounds" if i disable vibration, OR, uncheck "all other notifications"... it obviously does not occur since vibration is disabled. But this is no solution, you should not have to remember to disable vibration everytime you record a video because you might receive a notification...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
When recording video with my Lumia 920, if i receive a push notification (from whatsapp for example) the vibration it makes creates an interference in the recorded video, causing the image to flicker and the vibration noise is recorded. This is not noticeable while recording, only when playing the video). This happens because the push notification vibrations interferes with the camera OIS, causing the image to flicker and the vibration sound to be recorded.
This does not happen when recording video and an SMS or MMS is received, since the phone "knows" its recording and it does not ring or vibrate giving only a screen notification. This seems not implemented on the push notifications, so it can be fix "easily".

This happened to me when i received a whatsapp message while recording a 1080p video (quality is irrelevant), and is really annoying having a video ruined by this.
Anyone with the same issue?

Update: Here's a video sample... Lumia 920 Push Notification Video Recording Interference - YouTube

Thank you.

Nokia Pro Cam or Stock Camera app?

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with GDR2 & Amber check if this is still present?
Thank you

Update: Yep... the bug is still present in GDR2/Amber. :p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb