Videos: Sync Issue (HELP!)

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just bought a new 925 & have a problem with the syncing of videos - it was working fine at the start, but now whenever I copy a new video in (via windows explorer), on the phone it appears twice (once with the thumbnail & once with just a placeholder).

If I go into the Windows Phone desktop app & data on the phone - videos - it shows a list of files with "0 bytes" (several of the same) for all the ones having issue with -> if I try to delete them it says "Can't find file". Had a search around & people have had similar issue with MP3 -> enabled hidden files in windows explorer & removed the 0 byte files, but I can't see this for videos.

This is really annoying, as now not only are there duplicates, but when I remove the file (from Windows Explorer), it still shows up in the Videos list on the phone (& the syncing is stuffed in the win 8 app).

It seems really stuffed, but I can't see a way to fix it? Seems like really bad error checking.

Thanks

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem once, I think it was music files, or videos, or both. Try turning the phone off and on again. Or turn it off, unplug it, turn it on, then plug it back. I think Explorer messes up when the phone accesses the files while you copy it.

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tried that - tried it yesterday aswell, still shows all the old files which don't actually exist on the phone...I would have thought if the sync app can't locate the file, it would remove it from the list - but all it does is error. If I could find out where it stores this list, then remove the invalid entries, might be in business...

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Sync app errors with: We couldn't copy "video_name" to the phone. Something happened that we didn't expect. But if you call suppot, you can tell them you saw this error code: 83000000.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz