viewing angle washout

switchthreesixty

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the screen washes out with very little screen tilt.
If it is perfectly perpendicular to my eyes it is great. But, move ever so slightly the whites turn more grey and loses a fair amount of brightness.
I've had previous tablets and haven't noticed this much of a washout with such a little tilt in the viewing angle.
Is this standard for the surface 2? Or is it my unit? Again, it is a subtle thing, but I notice it for sure and it particularly is bothersome because of how much white is utilized on this device and that interaction with the screen is the most important thing.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the screen washes out with very little screen tilt.
If it is perfectly perpendicular to my eyes it is great. But, move ever so slightly the whites turn more grey and loses a fair amount of brightness.
I've had previous tablets and haven't noticed this much of a washout with such a little tilt in the viewing angle.
Is this standard for the surface 2? Or is it my unit? Again, it is a subtle thing, but I notice it for sure and it particularly is bothersome because of how much white is utilized on this device and that interaction with the screen is the most important thing.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sounds like a badly calibrated screen - I'd return it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven