Visual Studio Community or Desktop?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi friends. So I decided to learn programming, so that I can develop for upcoming Windows 10. I am just a newbie but I know that first I will need to learn c#. So I headed to channel 9 and downloaded all the videos. So, following the second video, it told to download the Visual Studio for Desktop. But the site shows that a new Visual Studio named Community is available, which has all the tools in one place. I am going to download the ISO so I can install it any time anywhere without having to download the whole. As we have expensive 3G data in my country, I was thinking why not download the Community. But, I have concerns, if the UI of Community is different than Desktop, I will have very hard time learning. And, as a newbie I have no experience about visual studios. So, can anyone please help me? What should I do?

Abhishek P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Visual Studio Community or desktop?

Download visual studio desktop
Even I have started learning, and I reached video 14.
And VS desktop is the right option

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Visual Studio Community is the one to get. All the Visual Studio types have the same basic UI but the Express editions are restricted to one project type (web/desktop/store) and can't install extensions. Community doesn't have those restrictions.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes....i have VS Community also

Remember,when these videos tell you to use desktop,web,or another.....its cause Community wasn't out yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss