voice to text feature suddenly stopped working on Lumia 640

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 640 smartphone. The voice recognition text feature has worked flawlessly for over 3 years but now I am unable to send texts or emails using dictation. I get a msg "Can't access the network right now". I can use Cortana with my voice to initiate a phone call and I'm connected to WiFi. Is there an app for Windows 10 mobile that I can use as a work around? I can't find a solution on any web searches. Thank you.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 smartphone. The voice recognition text feature has worked flawlessly for over 3 years but now I am unable to send texts or emails using dictation. I get a msg "Can't access the network right now". I can use Cortana with my voice to initiate a phone call and I'm connected to WiFi. Is there an app for Windows 10 mobile that I can use as a work around? I can't find a solution on any web searches. Thank you.

If you switch from mobile data and try and then wifi, do you get the same error message? It might just sadly be another feature slowly dying. This may be a little OTT but if you reset your phone, does that solve the issue?

tradeprn

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
tried resetting the phone twice and going to airplane mode for about 30 minutes and then off airplane mode. I can use Cortana to send an email text to someone in my address book. I can dictate in One Note. I just can't dictate in text or email. Maybe it's a software glitch or maybe this is the way it will be from now on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans