Volume control and sound issues post Black update for AT&T 920

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Got to the point that i was restarting every 30minutes. Phone was useless as you can't hear people.. Well.. You have ZERO sound from the phone.. And it basically deteriorated after flashing.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow... Big BIG difference in volume with Amber. Didn't realise until i just wanged it up to 30 and hit the power button. The audible click is 50% louder than it was on black.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 on AT&T, and since the Black update (I'm pretty sure) the "intermittent loss of volume control" bug is driving me crazy: I'm listening to a podcast (Podcast Lounge) and realize at some point that turning the volume up/down isn't doing anything. The numbers go up and down but the sound level does not change. Pausing or re-starting the podcast doesn't do anything. Quitting and re-starting the app doesn't do anything. If I go into my on-device music collection and play a track, the volume controls suddenly work. When I return to Podcast Lounge it plays at the new volume, but the volume controls still do not work (usually). Sometimes I'll turn the phone off/on and I think that usually works. Most times I've just moved on to something that I need to get done and I forget about it until it happens again. I guess this is not just an issue for Podcast Lounge.

I've noticed two other frequent issues, and these may in fact be Podcast Lounge problems-1)I'll pause from the headset button then click the headset again in a few minutes to resume, only to realize that the podcast has stopped playing and is no longer accessible through the lock-screen controls. 2) The headset control for pause/play will randomly stop working and I'll need to use the lock-screen controls.

Fortunately I have not experienced any bugs related to phone call or microphone audio. I saw someone above mention "flip to silence" and I did have that enabled. I'm going to disable that, though I'm guessing that will not have any impact.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Turn off Flip to Silence and turn on Audio Leveling in Settings->Audio didn't fix volume bug? It did it for me after that and reboot. Also there was an app I uninstalled in the process. IM+ app. Don't know if that is any help.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this same problem, since updating to black. I'm on at&t 920. I use this as my media device, so this big really drives me nuts. Don't use my 920 for calls, so I'm not sure about in call volume.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well everything has been fine since the last reboot. The only other thing i did was disable GLANCE. I had this set to interval and nightmode 22:00 - 07:00. I'm going to give it another day then re-enable glance and see if the 'bug' happens.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this with Amber/GDR2 and it continues with Black/GDR3. Normal working phone until I insert headphone jack to listen to either music or podcast and volume gets stuck. Rebooting the phone is only thing that "fixes" the issue. 928 on Verizon.

LateNight Apps

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing a possibly related problem to this. Ever since I upgraded to Black, the music volume in my game Polyhegrams has had the annoying problem that if you have your handset volume set to zero then whenever a new music peice is started it will play it at max volume. If you set the handset volume to 1/30 then this doesn't happen. Once the music starts blaring at the high volume, simply tapping either the up or down volume control resets it back to the proper levels. My game is an XNA/silverlight game built for WP7 and runs on WP8 which might be a contributing factor, but regardless I REALLY need this fixed for the Nokia phones otherwise I fear I will get alot of negative feedback/reviews. I have had 1 independent verification that it is not just my testing phone either.

Rob

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone started having this problem after the black update. It only affects if I'm playing music or videos. Haven't noticed any missed calls or silent alarm issues. I don't really receive that many calls anyway. I'm thinking of wiping my phone but really not wanting to rearrange all my live tiles.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally could narrow this down to me using "stop the music!" by boodev to, well, stop my music. Using a different app I could not reproduce the issue.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

slivovica

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with sound on my L820 after Black update. I reinstall firmware via NSU but problem still persists. After pushing volume button up or down, no reaction, same level of volume. Restart helps only for a while.

thesimonlopez

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here since Black Update. I had used the DEV Preview program to install GDR3 before official release. Is it really Glance? What about a fix? The problem must be at Nokia Black Update, not at Microsoft side, so I don't expect a solution in 8.1...