W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baranko Zoric

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem with grove music when i what to go to the next song the whole screen glitches. It turns red (cuz my theme is red) and changes the song after let's say 15-20 sec. Any solutions?

yovko82

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I found the brightness option in the fast access (when you tap-slide from top to bottom), so the brightness option only works in increase way . But when it came to LOW , brightness is not lowering to the needed level. I must go to the real settings page , change to something else ( because it says LOW there) and then turn back to low , so the brightness to be as it must be.

Phone is Lumia 1020 (Win 10 Mobile) - soft 10586.164

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I've recently noticed with OS build 14295.1000 (950XL) the SMS no longer works with vehicle handsfree system. Not sure if I need to re-engage some setting on WP or vehicle. Anyone else?

FerdiFerdi

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I know loading a beta o/s on one's phone carries risks etc. I accepted it - knowing the "risk". But serious guys.... is this going to get better? Because it just gets worse! My Lumia 640 loaded with the latest Win 10 mobile (fast track user) is now basically a small slab that can be trusted to phone out with. Nothing much more. Phoning OUT. Because a while ago it stopped ringing for incoming calls! When I finally realised that, I rebooted with the battery out and now the ringing is restored. At least I hope so.
Many (8.1) apps disappeared from the Store since I upgraded to win 10. One of the results is that there is now NO vault for passwords that can be used! In the first install of win 10 they worked!
My incoming messaged (SMS) stopped sounding an alert. That was solved after an internet search. It required a convoluted series of settings that were not intuitive but rather had the lock screen settings at it's heart.
WiFi stopped functioning setting wise a while ago. My phone is set to receive my home wifi - but when I leave the home, I must reregister - in spite of a setting that seems to indicate this o/s will work like others and pick up the wife again - as Android does... That reregistering I also learned (for when the phone was rebooted) has to be done in an intricate way wherein some messages that it cannot connect must be ignored. This also is a new problem from when I installed the first win 10 beta on the phone!
Then there is Outlook. It now cannot update automatically - even though the setting indicates it can! That means one must manually synch the app to look for new emails. And recently an new problem popped up - when I open the Outlook app, it crashes immediately. I must then open it again for it to actually open. Then, recently, when I manually synch to look for new mail, it randomly tells me it cannot connect. Then after a second or third button push, it suddenly connects. That is also a NEW bug that appeared after bug fixes and updates of the o/s.
Like I said, I knew the "risks" and chose to install the o/s. But hell, it has been going backwards ever since I installed it!
And all the deadlines for roll out (which I presume indicates a stable o/s) were merrily ignored!
As it is now, I beginning to lose faith that you actually can roll out a stable, usable version of win 10 mobile quick enough to still be "new" on arrival. And a pity it will be, because it is a nice (or, can be) system.
The potential for folding into the PC version is obvious and huge (and the PC version is stable!) but for that potential to be realised, win 10 mobile must actually be stable as well. Small things like connecting to wifi:cry: seamlessly, e-mails updating, the e-mail app actually opening etc.
Are you guys losing the race?
Please tell me you are not....

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I am using the 640 with the insider build. The issues I have had get resolved after resetting, or taking the battery out for a few minutes and rebooting. I have a few bugs left. Like the Wifi smart sense. It doesn't reconize known Wifi connections. I have to manually connect and it will say can't connect each time but it really does. Plus as for texting my individual ppl text tones don't work. But I love the build besides these few bugs. I can live with them until they get it fixed.

FerdiFerdi

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Did reset last night. And after hours of updating apps - the same problems. Wifi automatic recognition still not working. Wifi manual connecting wonky and spitting out "cant'connect" messages which you must ignore and persevere with telling it to connect, mail still will not show new e-mails although the setting is to show them as they arrive, mail will randomly not connect to wifi etc.... and a NEW problem: Bluetooth now will not connect to Fitbit.
This o/s is staggering backwards.

FerdiFerdi

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
To get texts arriving to sound a tone, if that is your problem - I found a solution on the net - it involves telling the lock screen to show texts arriving. Then it suddenly beeps when one arrives.

Parin Shah

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

We cant use back button to come to start screen from the app-list.

For me manage to come to start but the app tht I tried exiting using <- back key keeps on running. Expectation was to exist when u press back. But only way to exit is pressing cross X key on app. Perhaps they changed this feature!!!!

amine rwached

May 19, 2016
Visit site
hello
notification and actions option not working while on/off i cant switch on them only 2 choise can be on when switch on the third the other switch off help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria