W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
W10M Insider Preview 14388 & 14390 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

There's no way 14390 can be a candidate for Anniversary Edition. I'm testing on a Lumia 535.

I was getting "Resuming..." every second time I tapped the Windows key to go to the Start Screen, that wouldn't ever recover. I couldn't even lock the screen or Slide down to power off! After doing several soft resets a day, I decided to do a backup and then a hard reset.

The restore from backup didn't re-install some of my apps, even ones pinned to Start, and the tiles for MS News and Weather, were just gaps even though they are pre installed!

It also lost all my personalisation (colours, lock screen etc).

I'm not getting Loading... instead of Resuming... but at least the lock button is now responsive. Just a shame that the thing now hangs on the Goodbye message when I try to power off.

Oh and it's the usual bullcrap from the Store app where it refuses to install stuff with an unhelpful, unintelligible hex error code. Really, still reporting error codes that not only don't explain what went wrong, but just spit out a number in HEX? What proportion of the population even knows that Base 16 even exists? Microsoft, what the #*?& are you still doing this for?!

Last edited:

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Same overheating and battery issues here--Actually had to remove my 950XL from my pocket because it was burning my leg! Message saying phone was overheating "need to cool off" displayed.

Battery is abysmal, and I have Soft reset numerous times since the upgrade.

14388 was near perfect for me, now this!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Dear,
After update to 14390, this issue appeared in my phone. For that reason i have posted here to share with people if someone has the same issue or just me.
Thanks for all
Dearest,
I never said you posted in the wrong place.
I'm on 390 also but do not have that issue. Many...most of the bugs on a build are not across the board affecting ALL model phones.
Peace. Alan:winktongue:
MS Lumia ICON 929 [W10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14390.0]

mgd 57

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Same here, thinking of using my 950xl as a kettle, at least it will be useful! Lol. Bloody roasting accompanied with the lovely smell of hot electrical solder. If it blows or dies it's in the bin, really at the end of my tether with it.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Same here, thinking of using my 950xl as a kettle, at least it will be useful! Lol. Bloody roasting accompanied with the lovely smell of hot electrical solder. If it blows or dies it's in the bin, really at the end of my tether with it.

I'm hoping that someday when the firmware update comes through, that will help?

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

Outlook mail/calendar live tiles still don't update. The only way to update them is to resize them and they will update once and that's it...
I would think by now such a bug would be fixed, it's been like this since the early builds of Redstone.

Glance still hasn't half the options available on Production build (Enable/Disable date, Turn off while Charging, etc) and it constantly flashes while active.

Annoying bugs, but the build seems good enough besides this.
Had to to back to production though, not even close to replace Threshold 2.

EDIT: I have a Lumia 640.

Yep, this build, maybe started from the last one, breaks the Outlook Calendar/Mail live tiles. Also on 640.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Just jumped onto the fast bandwagon - thinking hey this is close to the RC right?... the following are the pain points on my 930:

1. Wifi issue - no internet on wifi.... biggest pain. Missing out on incoming calls/messages on skype and whatsapp without realizing phone out of network.
2. double tap to wake - will not register from time to time... and when it does, it sometimes takes you to a "swipe down to reboot" page (like you get when you long press the power button). Rebooted by mistake twice.... probably for the best though (given item 1)
3. Outlook live tile - updating for one tile (linked inbox), not for another (not linked, single Office 365 account)... re-pinned the tile.. seems to work, but keeping an eye out
4. Reloading -- happened a couple of times... once on the messaging app... took too long... killing process and restarting did not help... but eventually worked
5. Bluetooth action center - toggling the icon freezes the phone for some time....

Had some problems with notifications for Whatsapp and Skype.... but some rebooting, reinstalling and turning on/off settings managed to get things back on track... so far.

Battery life - did not notice much different from the Threshold branch.... but still checking things out. I miss 8.1 battery life though :(

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

ERMAHGERD!, MS stopped jacking with the Bluetooth volume after a restart! A truly welcome fix I've been waiting for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if it's new this build or was changed a while back cause I just went from production to fast ring last night.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

ERMAHGERD!, MS stopped jacking with the Bluetooth volume after a restart! A truly welcome fix I've been waiting for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if it's new this build or was changed a while back cause I just went from production to fast ring last night.

It's been fixed awhile now, but a very welcome fix indeed.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm posting from build 14393. It's a brave new world here. The sky is no longer blue; instead, it's the colour of the sky in the Star Trek episode "That Which Survives".

Actually, it's the same sky and same world as before. Installation was quick and smooth. Everything seems to be working fine so far. I will reboot and post any noteworthy observations later.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Insider Fast Ring moving on to 14393: Windows 10 build 14393 now available for Insiders on PC and phone | Windows Central

Improvements for Mobile

• We fixed an issue resulting in rapid battery drain when Visual Voicemail syncs voicemail messages on Dual SIM devices like the Lumia 950 XL.
  • We also fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon.
  • We fixed the issue causing Voice Recorder to not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. A app update was released last Friday that fixes this issue. Make sure you have the app version 10.1607.1931.0.
  • We fixed several issues impacting Dual SIM capabilities. Using a device with two SIMs should work as it should.

Known issues for Mobile

• We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
  • Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details.
  • Wallet users are prompted for a PIN twice when using tap to pay from a locked phone. You can enter their PIN twice and tap as usual once the phone is unlocked. A fix for this will come as a Wallet app update via the Store.
  • REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won't restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn't overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds. We will stop noting this going forward.

Zac Bowden writes:
We're just 2 very short weeks away from the official launch date for the Anniversary Update, so it makes sense for Insiders to start testing the final bits now. Over the next couple of weeks, Microsoft will be flighting a number of hotfixes and patches to build 14393, all in preparation for a day-one patch that the public will download on August 2nd.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I keep getting "We couldn't finish installing updates." After downloading and restarting the phone, it quickly show the spinning gear for about 5second without the bar moving. Then it would load to the start screen with that message. I tried soft reset twice before restarting the download and uodate process but still, not working.

any ideas?

Im on a 950xl dual sim. First time having an update problems on insider programs. Currently on the lastest build ....90.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

For me , everything was normal except installation time. This build took a long time to get in. But all seems good now

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I really hope this is not RTM build with these two bugs

"We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details."

That's unacceptable....

Just as unacceptable as the blank tiles we are plagued with.. ugh.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I really hope this is not RTM build with these two bugs

"We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details."

That's unacceptable....

Just as unacceptable as the blank tiles we are plagued with.. ugh.

At that releasing rate, there will be another dozen of builds I guess :D

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 535 users on build 14393, are you feeling any improvement in battery performance? :)

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

FWIW - I'm on a Lumia 930 and, so far, the battery still seems as bad with 14393 as the previous build. Managed to drop from 40% to 3% in 1 hour shortly after the installation.

Maybe this down to whatever "stuff" the phone tries to do after installing a new build (where I notice is it trying to do a backup), but I'm currently feeling a bit unimpressed. Currently have the phone on my wireless charger, and its only limped up to 19% after nearly two hours.

It looks like backups haven't worked properly since Saturday - if I could get a good backup today, I'd actually go for the hard reset route as it feels like that hopefully would finally help. On that subject, if I do a hard reset and don't do a restore, do you know whether any applications I manually install will pick up their backed up data from the cloud?

Ed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire