W10M - New features listed (compared to WP8.1)

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth keyboard and mouse works like charm in Win10M especially on full UWP apps.
- Left and right click
- Mouse scroll
- Tabbed controls
- Some windows shortcut keys like alt tab or WIN+TAB (show all running apps), ALT+F4 (closing apps), WIN+L (locking), WIN+E (explorer), etc.

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes! But the implementation was better in 8.1, where it would only vibrate if the proximity sensor sensed that the device is NOT by your ear, which made more sense. When the dialing phone was in my hand, on the table etc., the vibration was useful to let me know the person answered - when the phone is already near my ear, it just scares me :D

Aamir Mustafa

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I love new universal apps, new keyboard with more languages specially Urdu. More toggles on the action center and better customizations. New settings and the performance.

Saifullah Unar

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Lot of new features have been added as discussed but still we can't compare wp to android. Still missing video and call features in fb app, no call recording for all windows 10 phones, usb flash support missing. Waiting and still using Windows Phone.

Edrian Villa

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
The last time I've used a Windows Phone is Nokia's Window 7 OS. And looking at this latest features from Windows 10, i'm excited to try Windows Mobile OS again.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a "feature suggestions" thread, so posting here:

Moving a ton of music from the phone to the SD card using the file manager, I just see "Moving files..." and the animated progress dots, but no indication of actual progress, and no option to safely pause or cancel. I have no idea whether this will take another minute or another hour, and in the meantime I don't dare to switch apps. That's not great. Ideally this would have a pause option that would place a notification in the action center that says 'File move paused (resume / cancel)' or so.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lot of new features have been added as discussed but still we can't compare wp to android. Still missing video and call features in fb app, no call recording for all windows 10 phones, usb flash support missing. Waiting and still using Windows Phone.

video and call features - this dependent on facebook, not MS
Call recording is now available in the new windows devices - this was a hardware requirement hence not available on older devices
USB OTG - also now supported on the new devices - same reason as above

grob9642

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Interesting list of features discussed. What we actually get to see if anything will be even more interesting to me. I have my fingers crossed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss