Camera app freezes and causes restarts
App list page dims background when slid to
Cortana syncs poorly with Ford Sync
Store gets stuck on pending download
Wells Fargo app broken on w10m
Wifi fails when Bluetooth connected

No tap to pay (one pay)
No double tap wake 950XL
Asssuning you have the 950XL, have you done the phone update (Microsoft MDG and 10586.29) and all the updates in the store already?

flitchtag

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes hello. I am a convert from iOS and looking forward to getting better at Windows Mobile. The 950XL seems to have great potential, but the software is awful, so I appreciate this thread, and this forum in general.

I agree with the above listing and add:
-Heated phone! Does the liquid cooling not work that was advertised on Oct 6th?
-Edge is really a bad experience compared to Safari. Links don't click and slow page renders as stated above.
-Outlook behaves strangely sometimes with emails, syncing and can't search for some.
-On the calendar live tile, it's nice and large but only shows one appointment? Maybe that's user error?

Thanks for this and looking forward to contributing to this community.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
- The saving process of files. For example, if you want to save a picture from the web, it takes way too many taps to get it saved to the location. In other words, a default location is necessary.
- Mail App doesn't sync read and unread between PC and Mobile
- The playlist syncing between computer and smartphone in groove is simply stupid. I don't have the same Tracks on my computer and smartphone...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Will send this to Gabe and Northface,so please add:
Battery life poor and unacceptable
Edge page rendering slow
Text too big for dialog boxes
Photos app slow and won't load sometimes
Camera app freezes and causes restarts
App list page dims background when slid to
Cortana syncs poorly with Ford Sync
Store gets stuck on pending download
Wells Fargo app broken on w10m
Wifi fails when Bluetooth connected

No tap to pay (one pay)
No double tap wake 950XL

How will you send those to "Gabe" that will actually reach the designated team aside from sending those through the Windows Feedback app? Even "Gabe" suggests actively reporting similar issues in the Windows Feedback app based on his Twitter activity.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
How will you send those to "Gabe" that will actually reach the designated team aside from sending those through the Windows Feedback app? Even "Gabe" suggests actively reporting similar issues in the Windows Feedback app based on his Twitter activity.

To both him and Northface. Northface responds and says he forwards to diff teams.

You don't have to participate, if you doubt.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly a lot of stuff you complain about is fixed in insider builds. So I'm not sure MS would really be able to do anything until you're on the latest. Other than feature requests of course. But I haven't had any issues since the first firmware update(Still waiting on the brand new one to be approved by my carrier) and insider build. Battery has improved considerably, everything works flawlessly for the most part. There have been some random scenarios where something may crash on loading. But the newest firmware promises even more bug fixing and stability/performance improvements. So I'll be pretty happy if it makes it even better. It's pretty zippy. Everything is super fast and fluid.

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
No QR code scanner/bing vision
No working one-hand mode
No working live images.
No updated graphics driver that cause random lag on OS GUI and poor performance in games
More purple ghost then in W 8.1 U2 with my 735

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
To both him and Northface. Northface responds and says he forwards to diff teams.

You don't have to participate, if you doubt.

I think you missed the point. In handling feedback from millions of users, consolidation is very important - that's what the Windows Feedback is for, an avenue that designated teams are actually monitoring. Opening up other avenues for feedback will only fragment the system, and most likely those other avenues won't even be entertained by Microsoft.

Gabe has replied to several feedback sent to him via Twitter, and his reply is always - report this in feedback app so our team can have a look at it. It makes no difference if the feedback was sent by email or Twitter, he'll say the same thing. That's what Windows Feedback is there for.

I'm not doubting you won't do it, but what's the chance you'll get their attention out of the millions of users sending feedback through who knows how? For Northface it'll work since Northface doesn't receive as much feedback as Microsoft does.

My advice would be the same as Gabe's: use the Windows Feedback app

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I think the camera app should be improved so that we can have 30 seconds shutter time.

the maximum shutter time for windows phones is 4 seconds. I tried LG V10 and samsung edge s6, they can set 30 seconds. 30 seconds shutter time (certainly, must with the help of tripod) can take starry night sky photo. 4 seconds is not enough.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
No QR code scanner/bing vision
No working one-hand mode
No working live images.
No updated graphics driver that cause random lag on OS GUI and poor performance in games
More purple ghost then in W 8.1 U2 with my 735

1) Download a QR code/bar code scanner from the store. You could probably use it as a lens.

2) Show us a picture of one handed mode not working.

3) They updated the camera app so old devices that had living images have the same one as the 950/950 XL. (photo moves only when something is moving in the picture and it also works with the front facing camera too)

4) Yessssssss!

5) Purple ghost? 👻

ethereal42

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Unable to edit contacts to show more phone numbers or other details, need to actually press the edit button to show other details for any contact.
Unable to set preset modes for sound and vibrations like in meetings, silent mode except phone, etc like in BB devices
Unable to set sound tones for messages on chat apps for particular contacts (e.g. messenger message from wife has certain sound as opposed to messages from everyone else)
Same for LED color light settings for invidual messages (e.g. wife message is purple etc)
Outlook mail should be a hub for all chat messages and sms not just email like in BB hub
focus on financial trading apps like Bloomberg professional and TWS, thinkorswim and useability on continuum too to truly replace a PC
needs to have wireless display output without need for continuum box
sound thru bluetooth headphones too soft. Needs to be louder 1.5x-2.0x
preset equalizer not functional with bluetooth earphones
Chat apps should not need to sync everytime you open them - messenger, whatsapp, LINE, kakaotalk, BBM and wechat - Android, iOS and BB doesnt have this problem
messenger chat app should have phone call capability

-END - there are others but I cant remember now

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
1) Download a QR code/bar code scanner from the store. You could probably use it as a lens.

2) Show us a picture of one handed mode not working.

3) They updated the camera app so old devices that had living images have the same one as the 950/950 XL. (photo moves only when something is moving in the picture and it also works with the front facing camera too)

4) Yessssssss!

5) Purple ghost? ��
1) But bing vision was awesome... Before they crippled it...
2) they told me that it is designed to not scroll the entire screen, so looks like it works correctly .-.
3) on WP 8.1 I am able to take live images, on W10M it creates the live files but I cannot play them. But I am still able to play live images taken by WP8.x
4) So I am not alone, we need updated gfx drivers supporting the new compositor of WDDM 2.0 (I guess it is WDDM 2.0 since D3D11.3 runtime is installed in the OS... And no, there are no DX12 drivers for 950 lumias at the moment, and I am sure about this...)
5) On OLED screen purple ghost may happen when some greyish (C) images are moving or scrolling, especially with low brightness.. Using high brightness on my phone destroys my poor eyes O_O On WP8.1 it was less noticeable, not sure if it is due GUI changes or due some firmware settings.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like an option for when I fully back out of an app, it kills it. Right now I can back out of an app fully, and it'll remain in the open app list (accessed by holding the back button). And also, can we have EVERY app that's registered on that open app list to appear? Amount of times I'll clear that list, and there's still 4-5 more apps to close that didn't appear in that list.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'd like an option for when I fully back out of an app, it kills it. Right now I can back out of an app fully, and it'll remain in the open app list (accessed by holding the back button). And also, can we have EVERY app that's registered on that open app list to appear? Amount of times I'll clear that list, and there's still 4-5 more apps to close that didn't appear in that list.

New design since some builds ago. As Android and iOs, you have to hold tap back for openin task manager, then swipe down apps you desire to close

LimeSoda

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This was always a great feature in wp8.1. If I want to close I back arrow. If I want to keep open I click start button. Why oh why does Microsoft not realise to keep the good parts of the os...stop meddling where they don't need to.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This was always a great feature in wp8.1. If I want to close I back arrow. If I want to keep open I click start button. Why oh why does Microsoft not realise to keep the good parts of the os...stop meddling where they don't need to.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

It's only an habit, same as Windows 10 for desktop. Most users gave feedback for leavin apps in background, You'll feel natural in one week , guarantee. At last, I notice it very useful when switchin between Edge and messages apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz