W10Mobile Update - Apps Not Working

mrjrhunt

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been looking for anyone else having this problem, and I seem to be on my own...
Since the last Windows 10 Mobile update I'm finding a huge number of apps have stopped working.
I noticed it when trying to load Windows Solitaire Collection - it would get to the loading screen, and just crash sending me back to the home screen. I then noticed it with the News tile - it updates with headlines on the live tile, but when I try to open it I get the red screen suggesting it's trying to load, but crashes and goes back to the start screen. There's several other apps that this happens on also, and exhibits the same behaviours.
A soft restart does nothing, and I'm losing patience.
I'm very reluctant to hard reset it - but will give it a go if I've no options...
Has anyone else seen this? Or does anyone have any advice about rolling back to a previous update?
Cheers,
J

Update - Apologies for not including much info.

- Running a Lumia 950.
- Storage seems fine. I've 14GB free internally and 12GB free externally.
- All apps are installed on internal device.
- The same behaviour occurs across all connections (Wifi/4G/3G/No Signal).
- I've 'Reset' the apps, and uninstalled & reinstalled them.

Was hoping not to factory reset, but will see if this fixes it a bit later.
Dissappointed to lose my 'Perfect' streak on MS Solitaire Collection!
My 5th Windows Phone, and the only one to cause me any real problems...

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend checking your storage and network connection. If those are fine I would suggest doing a factory reset (backup your data first) and try again. What model of W10M phone? I had these issues most often on my Lumia 521 due to memory constraints issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077