W8 Metro Tiles Coming to Google OS.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I know that sometime companies take inspirations from other companies concepts to develop their product; I have not issue with that. But when you start copying a product that you "hated" and has been pushing to be hated it, they hypocrisy comes to another level. We all know that Samsung ripped off the iPhone and they weren't ashamed from it.
Do you guys remember everybody in the blogosphere and many in the IT community trashing W8 metro tiles? I sure remember like it was yesterday. I got some quotes "It is ugly", "people eyes will get dizzy", "this is the worse design ever", "ugly" - this one was always present.
But, what you know they all were wrong people are embracing W8, W8.1 metro tiles. This is so true that Google has decided to bring well copied W8 tiles. This show that MS did an excellent job that even the die hard enemy of MS is copying it.

The thing that **** me off the most is the bias of all this bloggers and sites that are giving a free ride to Google on this when it is very clear that this is a pure rip off of W8 tiles. And MS should pay attention to this and begin to point this out and shame Google for the lack of originality. MS has to create an smart and catchy campaign about this.
A n W.jpg Siblings?

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Android is unique the way it is. If it goes along this path, Android will knock Windows Phone straight out of the water; and I think that's their main intention.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Android is unique the way it is. If it goes along this path, Android will knock Windows Phone straight out of the water; and I think that's their main intention.

I don't think this is for cell phones.... is for the chrome OS. But if Google were to use metro tiles for its android OS trust me that would be the end of android. People may follow a brand but they ain't stupid and they can see a copy cat from far away.

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is for cell phones.... is for the chrome OS. But if Google were to use metro tiles for its android OS trust me that would be the end of android. People may follow a brand but they ain't stupid and they can see a copy cat from far away.

Actually, yeah that is quite a good point. I was just going to add that although a lot of people would leave Android for it's metro tiles, I would of thought that a huge majority (a larger percentage than Windows Phone) of Android users will remain on it no matter what. But yeah, your point seems more realistic now I think of it.

It's for the Chrome OS? So does this mean that Chrome OS will be coming to mobile devices and could be replacing Android..? Damn, another rumour is uncovered.. :)

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, yeah that is quite a good point. I was just going to add that although a lot of people would leave Android for it's metro tiles, I would of thought that a huge majority (a larger percentage than Windows Phone) of Android users will remain on it no matter what. But yeah, your point seems more realistic now I think of it.

Of you ever used an Android phone? I ofn't.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
everybody in here knows apple copy windows phone right?
in malaysia, most people use iphone and samsung, most people in here said "windows phone copy apple", i was like "DAMN YOU B***H APPLE COPIED WINDOWS PHONE YOU DAMN A-HOLE"

im afraid that most people doesn't know who copied who, and end up people who created original will be abandoned

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
everybody in here knows apple copy windows phone right?
in malaysia, most people use iphone and samsung, most people in here said "windows phone copy apple", i was like "DAMN YOU B***H APPLE COPIED WINDOWS PHONE YOU DAMN A-HOLE"

im afraid that most people doesn't know who copied who, and end up people who created original will be abandoned

How exactly do you think Apple copied WP? And why do you think this is wrong? For example, the concept of a notification drawer and quick settings there was pioneered by Android phones and then copied by iOS and WP.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How exactly do you think Apple copied WP? And why do you think this is wrong? For example, the concept of a notification drawer and quick settings there was pioneered by Android phones and then copied by iOS and WP.

The original is non of them,I think it's webOS (if I'm right), look at their calendar, phone calling, their flattery icon, and more, you can Bing it to find out more

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The original is non of them,I think it's webOS (if I'm right), look at their calendar, phone calling, their flattery icon, and more, you can Bing it to find out more

Heck, you can argue webOS copied Safari tabs etc, etc.
Instead of arguing, couldn't people have fun trying to trace the development of an idea back?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Heck, you can argue webOS copied Safari tabs etc, etc.
Instead of arguing, couldn't people have fun trying to trace the development of an idea back?

I took your advice and some how its now tied between Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin and Nicola Tesla.... I have no idea what I am doing

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm willing to bet its one googles half assed ideas that they will abandon, like they do half of their other projects.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha
Another Android or Google hatred thread.

I don't know when wp users became like Apple users.
They have also same problem thinking everyone copying them.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Notification centre and Quick settings were on Symbian before Android.

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Stealing/Copying in the OS world is as old as the OS world itself , and when your copied you don't complain you innovate ;) oh and for chrome OS it would need a hell of a lot more then a cosmetics change to become a viable option ,and for android with the switch to ART and the problems that it's going to cause , and the 530 and 630 and the new upcoming phones and the accelerating development of WP , this is the time for MS to strike , and it has already started ...
Oh and with the way android development is going , most developers and even some OEMs , would just ignore material design anyway :p

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 and windows phone with a white theme look strikingly similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750